PDA

View Full Version : (Sold): SprintBooster V3 Throttle Tuner for 330i

Yankeefan
11-17-2021, 01:55 PM
Selling a used SprintBooster V3 for E46 330i. It works great and includes all accessories, I just don't need it anymore.
This video shows how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u7lIJfWc6U
There are lots of helpful reviews on Youtube to give you a good idea of what they feel like to drive with. It makes an immediate noticeable difference in throttle response.
I'll post pictures of my device tonight or tomorrow.
Asking $130 or make me an offer. Thanks!

-Ethan

Tnhl1989
11-17-2021, 02:34 PM
Dmed

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

YoitsTmac
11-17-2021, 05:16 PM
PM coming

cakM3
11-18-2021, 11:49 AM
The Sprint Booster V3 is a huge improvement over the older gen Sprint Booster... I have this in my current ZHP and absolutely love this. So much that I'm seriously considering selling my Gen2 Sprint Booster from my M3 and Porsche and getting a V3 for each of them...$130 for this is a steal :thumbsup

Yankeefan
11-19-2021, 08:39 AM
Sold!

YoitsTmac
11-19-2021, 08:39 AM
First reply deserved it but I am bummed. Made me read into V3 and it’s on my Christmas list now [emoji24]

ItsRichieRich
11-19-2021, 10:23 AM
Is this product really that nice?

YoitsTmac
11-19-2021, 10:40 AM
In my opinion the valet mode and anti-theft mode is good enough.

The MS45 throttle map is significantly better than the MS43 map and is in less need of this product. But if I had a valet mode I’d be more inclined to let friends drive my car. A race mode would also be great. I find there’s too little modulation for that upper 50% of your engine. I’d rather have minimal modulation for the first 50% on track so you can modulate the limit of grip better

Galapolis
11-19-2021, 12:41 PM
First reply deserved it but I am bummed. Made me read into V3 and it’s on my Christmas list now [emoji24]

A budget option if you're still looking for one is the automatic throttle pedal. It will give you similar response to the green mode on Sprint Booster, but the downside is that you now have a kickdown button on a manual car. Been debating whether I should get one too but that button would probably annoy me too much because I like to slam the pedal for rev matching.

YoitsTmac
11-19-2021, 01:02 PM
Are you sure the pedal itself is different? I’ve opened up the automatic pedal and removed the step down. So auto pedal to auto pedal MS43 to 45, the 45 feels a little more responsive. Just me though :)

Galapolis
11-19-2021, 01:14 PM
Are you sure the pedal itself is different? I’ve opened up the automatic pedal and removed the step down. So auto pedal to auto pedal MS43 to 45, the 45 feels a little more responsive. Just me though :)

Yes the pedal is different. The auto pedal is a very popular mod on manual cars.

Responsiveness is going to be different on every car based on driving habits, since the computer adapts to your driving style.

cakM3
11-19-2021, 03:57 PM
Yes the pedal is different. The auto pedal is a very popular mod on manual cars.

Responsiveness is going to be different on every car based on driving habits, since the computer adapts to your driving style.

I never thought to retrofit the auto pedal into my manual ZHP.... although since I don't track I probably won't see the benefits of having this...

az3579
11-20-2021, 06:18 AM

Responsiveness is going to be different on every car based on driving habits, since the computer adapts to your driving style.What difference would the automatic pedal make in a manual car if it's the DME programming that changes it's behavior? It certainly doesn't feel like a green-mode Sprint Booster. I would certainly know as, Charlie can tell you, I despise the Sprint Booster and am very sensitive to when it's turned on.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

johnrando
11-20-2021, 06:51 AM
I LOVE the SB for my step, not really needed for manual IMHO but it does add. Congrats on the sale.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Galapolis
11-20-2021, 03:37 PM
What difference would the automatic pedal make in a manual car if it's the DME programming that changes it's behavior? It certainly doesn't feel like a green-mode Sprint Booster. I would certainly know as, Charlie can tell you, I despise the Sprint Booster and am very sensitive to when it's turned on.

The auto pedal increases throttle response over the manual pedal.

az3579
11-21-2021, 07:48 AM
The auto pedal increases throttle response over the manual pedal.Could you please show me some data on this?
This is the first I've heard of this and am skeptical about it.

The only thing I've read about the differences between them is the button at the end of the travel, which increases in voltage when pressed. This button activation when used in a manual car does nothing at all though since 100% throttle for a manual car is achieved at the end of the pre-click travel.

My touring, which has retained the auto pedal after the swap, feels no different than any other manual E46 with MS45.1 software and stock DME tuning I've driven. I haven't seen anything online about anyone saying different.

Galapolis
11-21-2021, 08:17 AM
Could you please show me some data on this?
This is the first I've heard of this and am skeptical about it.

The only thing I've read about the differences between them is the button at the end of the travel, which increases in voltage when pressed. This button activation when used in a manual car does nothing at all though since 100% throttle for a manual car is achieved at the end of the pre-click travel.

My touring, which has retained the auto pedal after the swap, feels no different than any other manual E46 with MS45.1 software and stock DME tuning I've driven. I haven't seen anything online about anyone saying different.

The information is from this thread, every person who installed the auto pedal reports improved throttle response. It's a well known mod: https://www.e46-forum.de/forum/thread/24518-gaspedal-tuning/?pageNo=1

Showda711
11-21-2021, 10:57 AM
The information is from this thread, every person who installed the auto pedal reports improved throttle response. It's a well known mod: https://www.e46-forum.de/forum/thread/24518-gaspedal-tuning/?pageNo=1

Heads up: The site is in German

YoitsTmac
11-23-2021, 04:51 PM
I haven’t driven a manual with a manual gas pedal in about half a year. The auto pedal with MS45 and manual trans is quite nice and I don’t regret missing out on this nearly as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk