PDA

View Full Version : Side Mirrors

das boots
10-18-2021, 07:34 PM
Sometime way back, the forum had this "great buy" on after market side mirrors with the split line with angled out a few degrees for more wider view.

Well, my passenger side mirror has since took a dive by having the glass somewhat contaminated or fogged up on the edges. Been like that for a while but has continued its deterioration. Can now only view the center part and the rest are useless.

Has anybody have the same situation? Useless to replace with another if they would fog up again.

I will probably have to look for the original glass somewhere and re-install back to the original mirror. Driver side still okay.

But I do nor recall now how to remove the glass? Is it simply pulling or prying out the mirror?

Thanks.

az3579
10-21-2021, 01:51 PM
Adjust the mirror all the way down. If you pull on the glass a little, you'll see two little nubs sticking out behind the glass with a space in between. Stick a flathead in there and pry out; the rest will come off easy.

If you're looking for a replacement, I got my aspherical glass on Schmiedmann, but they sell replacements elsewhere too. So far my Tom's branded glass from Schmiedmann has held up great. I've had them for about 2 years now.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

das boots
10-21-2021, 06:29 PM
Adjust the mirror all the way down. If you pull on the glass a little, you'll see two little nubs sticking out behind the glass with a space in between. Stick a flathead in there and pry out; the rest will come off easy.

If you're looking for a replacement, I got my aspherical glass on Schmiedmann, but they sell replacements elsewhere too. So far my Tom's branded glass from Schmiedmann has held up great. I've had them for about 2 years now.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip on removal.

I tried to order the aspherical glass from FCP Euro. But was notified that due to back log, they do not presently carry the glass. However, I tried to go to Schmeidmann for the glass. But I could not locate the aspherical glass. All they have are Sport Mirrors. Please point out the correct section. Thanks.

In short....Supply chain interruptions are already in the works.