PDA

View Full Version : What's my car worth?

werfer
09-01-2021, 09:32 AM
Hello all, I am looking to sell my ZHP and I want to get some opinions on what a fair asking price would be. Used car market is kind of crazy right now so it's hard for me to gauge what anything is worth.

2004 Jet black sedan
beige interior
6MT
204,000 miles
Salvage title (collision long ago from a previous owner that was repaired)
Lots of recent maintenance including entire cooling system
Exterior and interior are both in good shape especially considering the mileage
Lowered on springs with camber plates
Recently started having trouble starting when the engine is already warm, unsure of what the issue is

Please let me know what you think a good asking price would be.

Thank you!

-Also, I have a lot of parts for the car that I never got around to installing including an LSD, M56 valve cover + conversion kit, and various other parts/fluids that I could try to include in the sale of the car or if anyone on here is interested.

Pilot05
09-01-2021, 09:58 AM
Hello all, I am looking to sell my ZHP and I want to get some opinions on what a fair asking price would be. Used car market is kind of crazy right now so it's hard for me to gauge what anything is worth.

Jet black sedan
beige interior
6MT
204,000 miles
Salvage title (collision long ago from a previous owner that was repaired)
Lots of recent maintenance including entire cooling system
Exterior and interior are both in good shape especially considering the mileage
Lowered on springs with camber plates
Recently started having trouble starting when the engine is already warm, unsure of what the issue is

Please let me know what you think a good asking price would be.

Thank you!

-Also, I have a lot of parts for the car that I never got around to installing including an LSD, M56 valve cover + conversion kit, and various other parts/fluids that I could try to include in the sale of the car or if anyone on here is interested.

I think it's worth $5k
salvage title, mileage, sedan, beige interior are minuses,
6MT, recent maintenance (records) are pluses.

werfer
09-01-2021, 10:46 AM
Thanks for your input. That's about what I was thinking too.

BADCLOWN
09-02-2021, 04:35 AM
Posting pictures of the interior/exterior showing condition would help us determine a more accurate cost. Additionally, what caused the car to get branded?

Just based off the first post alone: I would say anywhere between $4k low end and $6k high end. Only reason being, regardless of branded title or a running issue, people STILL WANT THESE CARS. The ZHP package still brings a bit of money regardless of mileage/condition in my opinion

Johnzerd1
09-23-2021, 03:14 PM
Rule of thumb for salvage title is a vehicle loses a third of its value......