PDA

View Full Version : Super Bad Luck w/Window Regulator

Dathaeus
02-05-2021, 08:06 PM
So over a year ago, my mobile mechanic replaced my front right with this that I got

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-premium-parts/upgraded-front-window-regulator-right/51337020660~upr/

Lasted about ten months and one day it guy stuck again...

I was able to recover a new one through the warranty...

He came again and replaced it... Done... Or so I thought.

He came back a few days later to fix something else... Out of sheer luck, I messed with the same window and the window just fell down.

Clearly we were both upset... Since I had just given him a free CBD oil sample, he didn't complain but just went back in to see what happened and fix it, no charge.

You could tell he was a bit disheveled, who wouldn't be, but he was getting a bit careless, lost a couple of screws, and also scratched up my tint which royally pissed me off. The only mitigating circumstance was the tint was old so I would have to get them replaced at some point but his behavior pissed me off. Keep in mind now, brand new regulator (same model) and I also got new clips on eBay to make sure.

Anyways it was done... Or so I thought, F....M...L...

A couple weeks later, I went to get brand new tint all over, upgraded ceramic. Everything looked amazing.

Couple weeks later, bam, f&@&$* same window falls down again, like it came right off the tracks...

Forget my anger... I contacted him again but he seemed as confused as I was, and kept saying how he does so many of these and he's never seen this happen.

Ok. Well F&@$ that.

Just found a new mobile mech I wanna give a shot.

1. I'm not buying that regulator again just in case it's the reason... So suggestions on alternative?
2. Should I also get new clips again?
3. Should I get any other part or tell the new guy anything... I think I'm done with dealing with this &$&!*!#.

And if this new ceramic tint is scratched up, and you see a big mushroom cloud over Florida, you'll know what happened.

End of rant.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

fredo
02-05-2021, 08:34 PM
The link doesn't work. Have you considered FCP Euro ? They offer lifetime warranty.

Dathaeus
02-05-2021, 09:05 PM
The link doesn't work. Have you considered FCP Euro ? They offer lifetime warranty.Edited link, thanks for letting me know...
I guess I'll order from FCP next time? I'm not loyal to anyone, whatever I need I'll get.

az3579
02-07-2021, 10:05 AM
A constantly failing window regulator is most likely a problem with your window guides. The window guides, from what I understand, are the reason these fail so much. Unfortunately window guides are insanely expensive.

But a window falling off the tracks doesn't sound like a problem with the regulator but instead by installation error, unless some critical piece is broken. He should have noticed that though during the install.

Dathaeus
02-07-2021, 12:58 PM
A constantly failing window regulator is most likely a problem with your window guides. The window guides, from what I understand, are the reason these fail so much. Unfortunately window guides are insanely expensive.

But a window falling off the tracks doesn't sound like a problem with the regulator but instead by installation error, unless some critical piece is broken. He should have noticed that though during the install.Thanks, I'll ask the next guy up check those parts [emoji106][emoji111]