PDA

View Full Version : What to do with 12 Style 135 wheels - 3 complete sets?

Pilot05
10-29-2020, 11:15 AM
Hi Folks,

This is NOT a back-door for-sale posting, I am seeking advice from the Mafia community.

I bought the 3 complete sets of ZHP wheels the seller in MA had recently. They are in pretty good shape, some have a little rash, some may be a little bent. Ten of them have tires on them. There are two sets of matching, higher quality tires with decent tread

I bought them to keep a set for myself (because I bought my ZHP 'vert 4 years ago without the stock wheels) and sell the rest

I can separate tires from wheels relatively cheaply at a local mechanic
I have a good guy to 1: straighten wheels and 2: to refinish wheels for reasonable prices (2 diff people)
I can list and sell wheels on ebay, facebook, craigslist, and several BMW forums
I get pretty good UPS shipping rates.

My questions:

Are straight sets mores desirable than staggered sets?

Can you make straight(square) sets out of both front (8 inch) and back (8.5 inch wheels)?

Do I keep a staggered set for myself & make two straight sets out of the other 8 wheels OR do I offer them as staggered sets?

Should I maybe break up a set and sell them individually ?

Any thoughts are welcome...

Thanks

Galapolis
10-29-2020, 11:18 AM
Everyone is going to have different needs, so I'd value all those options you listed as equal. You can't go wrong if you stick with the stock staggered setup, a simple set of standard 135s are always in very high demand. I run the same wheels all year round so I also prefer staggered. But if anyone is looking for a summer/track set, 8.5 square is popular and for those looking for winter or economy setups, 8 square is popular.

ZHPizza
10-29-2020, 05:21 PM
I'd post the staggered sets on e46fanatics. They eat that shit up over there.

das boots
10-29-2020, 06:45 PM
Dang. Where were you when I needed just one (1) front wheel?

racer2086
11-01-2020, 11:32 AM
I need 1 not-F'ed up front wheel if you have one.

6SPDZHP
11-08-2020, 07:29 PM
I need both fronts. My ex coworker stole my fronts and sold them.

Archbid
11-09-2020, 10:58 AM
WTF??

Galapolis
11-09-2020, 11:00 AM
I need both fronts. My ex coworker stole my fronts and sold them.

Hope you filed a police report.

Hoonin88
11-09-2020, 12:56 PM
I sold 4 fronts on Facebook fairly quickly. I also used ShipNerd.com for shipping. Personally decided to stick with a square setup for my car.

Pilot05
11-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Thanks for all the comments folks.

As I mentioned, I got 12 rims, 10 of which have tires mounted on them.

I think I am going to separate 6 tires from wheels and attempt to sell two complete, staggered sets of rims, keeping one set for myself.