PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Fluid Still Not Working After Step 1

Dathaeus
07-11-2020, 02:49 PM
So we replaced the pump, no issues, but still no bueno.

I'll currently hard pressed to hear the sound that the trigger usually makes, because I'm pretty sure in the past I heard that.

Is it possible the switch or fuse or some other electrical component is the issue?

Was really hoping the pump would just fix it, ugh

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

t.er
07-11-2020, 04:52 PM
I'd start by checking the fuse (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is3akXDwMN4), if it isn't blown then you can take the pump plug and use a multimetre to probe 12V across the terminals, when the stalk is pulled. If you don't see 12V then the switch could be faulty, or there is something else that is causing a break in the circuit.

Oli77
07-12-2020, 04:44 AM
Yep, find a way to see if voltage is going to the pump. Check fuse too.

Dathaeus
07-15-2020, 10:08 PM
Ok so this is quite annoying...

It seems the fuse for this was unplugged, so we plugged back in and voila, worked... I guess it didn't need a new pump... Maybe...

Not so fast...

So it turns out, when we plugged this fuse back in, it also activated my interior lights and trunk opening via key fob.

Why does that matter?

Well I think about two years ago I removed "a" fuse for those two components... I believe that also controls the glove box light.

Why? Because I had a parasitic drain and I tested to discover the cause and that was it. So after unplugging back then, no dead battery before a while, and the WIPER WAS WORKING until several months ago.

FYI in case you missed it, in the last several months I've had another issue with a good new battery dying on me, and could be ANOTHER parasitic drain.

But this is all crazy... How could the wiper fluid work without that fuse I pulled, then it stops working, then we plug in another fuse, and now it works along with all the other components that caused the original parasitic drain?

This is all super confusing, what's going [emoji58]
Doesn't make any logical sense...

I'll going to look for what fuse i pulled way back then, but either way, no matter what that was, or still doesn't make sense, unless someone is messing with me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk