PDA

View Full Version : 30 Pin Connector iPod

das boots
10-12-2019, 08:04 PM
Is the 30 pin connector standard or option for the ZHP? How about the rest of the E46s?

I would like to confirm the other end connection of the 30 pin is the IEEE 9 pin male connector?

Where is the IEEE 9 pin male / 30 pin plugged in to inside the dash?

Is there such a thing like the IEEE 9 pin male to a Lightning connector iPhone?

Thanks.

az3579
10-13-2019, 08:55 AM
The iPod adapter was optional equipment. It was installed in mine when I bought the ZHP and found it pretty useless since all you could do was playlists and couldn't browse by artist or album. I eventually replaced it with a Dension Gateway 300.

It's been a long time since I've had it (9 years), but I think one end plugged into the head unit and the other end went to the iPod adapter box, from where the 30-pin cable spawned.

They never made one with a Lightning cable as that came out well after the E46 stopped production.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

das boots
10-13-2019, 06:25 PM
The iPod adapter was optional equipment. It was installed in mine when I bought the ZHP and found it pretty useless since all you could do was playlists and couldn't browse by artist or album. I eventually replaced it with a Dension Gateway 300.

It's been a long time since I've had it (9 years), but I think one end plugged into the head unit and the other end went to the iPod adapter box, from where the 30-pin cable spawned.

They never made one with a Lightning cable as that came out well after the E46 stopped production.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Reason I asked since I am using the 30 pin to iPhone for the music. I use an Apple adapter for 30 pin to Lightning. It works. Hopefully the BlueBus by Ted would do wonders. Fingers crossed.

Overboost
10-20-2019, 06:18 PM
Thanks. Reason I asked since I am using the 30 pin to iPhone for the music. I use an Apple adapter for 30 pin to Lightning. It works. Hopefully the BlueBus by Ted would do wonders. Fingers crossed.

Back in the day, I had the 30 pin Dice adapter to iPod/iPhone. Once the lightning cable came out in the later Apple devices, I plugged a Bovee 1000 in the 30 pin and went wireless with Bluetooth streaming. Nice little piece.

Wish Vegas had gone better for you guys this weekend.