PDA

View Full Version : Differential bushing: poly or OE?

BADCLOWN
04-01-2019, 04:13 PM
I need to replace my rear diff bushing, I was gonna go with OE but my Indy is suggesting something poly. I want to to feel OE but not have to worry about doing it again, if I go the poly route.

Any recommendations?

Should I do anything else while this is being done (bushing or hardware wise) to the drive line, etc?

ELCID86
04-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Consider the RTABs with limiters. I’m not a fan of poly and would go OEM/Lemforder, etc.

ZHPizza
04-01-2019, 04:29 PM
I was just looking into this today and was about to pull the trigger on the meyle hd bushing but couldn't find many reviews. There's also an option from Bilstein that should be a bit stiffer than stock, but still rubber.

Differential Mount Bushing Rear E46 X3 Z4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RH535Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cZQOCbXFZRQ78

Vas
04-02-2019, 05:57 AM
OE rubber is the way to go.

BADCLOWN
04-02-2019, 06:00 AM
Just purchased turner RTAB limiters for 60 shipped on eBay.

So OE is the way to go eh?

az3579
04-02-2019, 06:40 AM
OE. I had AKG poly's in my diff and swapped them back out for stock because the poly ones just made shifts harsher. If you don't rev match absolutely perfectly, your diff will let you know. I would get a minor clunk when the rev match wasn't 100% perfect, and you can feel it a bit harsher when you let the clutch out. Also, you get some diff whine at certain RPMs while cruising with the polys. I don't like that feeling it gave, though I do like the whining sound. I ended up going back to OE and am happy with the choice.

I can't speak to Meyle's diff bushings, but if their diff bushings are anything like their control arm bushings, don't bother, unless you want to replace them again soon.

DeathTrap
04-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Solid....no? k

I have the Meyle HD bushing. It looks like, well a bushing. If I have to replace it again in 2-3 years, I'm ok with that.