PDA

View Full Version : Schmiedmann purchase - VAT?

John in VA
02-19-2019, 06:43 AM
I've read about Schmiedmann.com for years, but never purchased from them. Is there additional VAT charged on purchases, especially shipped to Virginia? Thanks in advance!

az3579
02-19-2019, 09:20 AM
Add the items to cart and find out...
I'm going to be ordering some aspherical mirrors for the touring from them shortly.

John in VA
02-19-2019, 09:29 AM
I did that. It shows:
Total price xx.xx USD
Freight xx.xx USD
TOTAL EXCL. VAT xx.xx USD

Sent a message to them & received a quick response, but no real answer:
"We send items to outside the EU without VAT , so there may be a charge applied upon import yes.
Please see if there is a local authority that can help you get an idea on the charges that possibly may be applied."

az3579
02-19-2019, 10:03 AM
I did that. It shows:
Total price xx.xx USD
Freight xx.xx USD
TOTAL EXCL. VAT xx.xx USD

Sent a message to them & received a quick response, but no real answer:
"We send items to outside the EU without VAT , so there may be a charge applied upon import yes.
Please see if there is a local authority that can help you get an idea on the charges that possibly may be applied."

We don't have VAT in the U.S. so the price with shipping should be all you pay. If they can export it without VAT then I guess we're in the clear.

John in VA
02-19-2019, 03:44 PM
I like the sound of that! Odd that vendors in Europe can sell for cheaper including shipping than domestic sources.

Tnhl1989
02-25-2019, 05:31 PM
I just ordered from them. No additional charged from what they have on their website. It was sent to Massachusetts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

John in VA
02-25-2019, 06:08 PM
I just ordered from them. No additional charged from what they have on their website. It was sent to Massachusetts.
Thanks for the confirmation. I need to get my order sent before prices rise!

nextelbuddy
02-25-2019, 09:49 PM
have ordered many things from them, never paid VAT