PDA

View Full Version : What's my car worth? 05 TiAg ZHP 6MT coupe 77k

drummr8
02-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Considering selling my 05 TiAg ZHP 6MT coupe. It has 77k miles and is in pretty amazing condition. Very clean car, always southern car, garage kept, common problem areas addressed (cooling system, alternator rebuild, CCV system, VANOS, etc). Pics are here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kU9yDDip7dcqfS7W8

How much do you think I should post for, and why?

Thanks for the input!

Reasoned1
02-09-2019, 04:51 PM
I see five 330i ZHP's currently for sale online (all apparently in very good to excellent condition--like your car) with the following mileage and pricing:

2004, 53k miles, $23,000 (dealer)
2005, 54k miles, $23,000 (dealer)
2003, 60k miles, $22,000 (dealer)
2005, 106k miles, $15,000 (dealer)
2005, 128k miles, $13,000 (private)

So, I would think you'd ask $17,000-$18,000 for your car with 77k miles. She is a beauty!

az3579
02-09-2019, 05:54 PM
I see five 330i ZHP's currently for sale online (all apparently in very good to excellent condition--like your car) with the following mileage and pricing:

2004, 53k miles, $23,000 (dealer)
2005, 54k miles, $23,000 (dealer)
2003, 60k miles, $22,000 (dealer)
2005, 106k miles, $15,000 (dealer)
2005, 128k miles, $13,000 (private)

So, I would think you'd ask $17,000-$18,000 for your car with 77k miles. She is a beauty!Those prices are WAY beyond inflated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reasoned1
02-09-2019, 06:42 PM
Perhaps, but they are consistent, market asking prices.

racer2086
02-09-2019, 08:30 PM
Those prices are from the same dealer. And that is no where near reasonable from what I've been seeing around. As someone who is in the buyers market, I'll go buy an M3 before spending that money.

KevinC
02-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Perhaps, but they are consistent, market asking prices.

"Asking" and actual sell prices not necessarily the same thing, not to mention how long does a car fester without much interest at those sky-high asks?

I'd put this car at $12-$13k, MAYBE $14k if the "right" buyer happens along who is looking for this exact spec.

amrozhp
02-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Your coupe looks fantastic! I'm trying to find a sedan but a car like yours makes me think I should consider two doors as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

az3579
02-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Those prices are from the same dealer. And that is no where near reasonable from what I've been seeing around. As someone who is in the buyers market, I'll go buy an M3 before spending that money.

This. There are a couple of dealers that are known for setting asinine prices for their vehicles. I don't care how clean a car is, it's not worth $10-15k over what they should actually be selling for, even if someone has more money than they know what to do with and buys one that that price.

*cough*EAG*cough*BimmersRUs*

I would say the one in this thread is a solid $12-13k car if it's truly in the amazing condition described.

Reasoned1
02-10-2019, 09:17 AM
Two of those cars were from "BimmersRUs", but the other three were from separate sellers, and I'll go so far as to say that all of those prices are pretty consistent with the asking prices I see online. As mentioned, there's often a significant difference between asking and sale prices, but the actual sale prices reported from BAT aren't far off (@Illirep just bought a nice specimen with less than 40k miles for $17,000, and I think that was a bit of a steal). Some of these cars do seem to sit a bit, but they do seem to sell... Also, I regularly scour AutoTrader, Cars.com, CarGurus, and CraigsList (Boston, Washington DC, and Miami) for these cars, and nice, low-mileage specimens are NOT common and getting less so, so a seller might get lucky connecting with an eager buyer who just wants to pull the trigger on his dream car.

danewilson77
02-10-2019, 10:49 AM
"Asking" and actual sell prices not necessarily the same thing, not to mention how long does a car fester without much interest at those sky-high asks?

I'd put this car at $12-$13k, MAYBE $14k if the "right" buyer happens along who is looking for this exact spec.
This. There are a couple of dealers that are known for setting asinine prices for their vehicles. I don't care how clean a car is, it's not worth $10-15k over what they should actually be selling for, even if someone has more money than they know what to do with and buys one that that price.

I would say the one in this thread is a solid $12-13k car if it's truly in the amazing condition described.Solid remarks.

Also depends on the speed at which you'd like to sell.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk

drummr8
02-10-2019, 12:21 PM
Thanks everyone for the input, exciting to know that my car has held it's value well :) I'm hoping to either find a 4 door ZHP or maybe jump to a 335i. Need something with 4 doors now, baby coming soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

NYRhockey
02-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Two of those cars were from "BimmersRUs", but the other three were from separate sellers, and I'll go so far as to say that all of those prices are pretty consistent with the asking prices I see online. As mentioned, there's often a significant difference between asking and sale prices, but the actual sale prices reported from BAT aren't far off (@Illirep just bought a nice specimen with less than 40k miles for $17,000, and I think that was a bit of a steal). Some of these cars do seem to sit a bit, but they do seem to sell... Also, I regularly scour AutoTrader, Cars.com, CarGurus, and CraigsList (Boston, Washington DC, and Miami) for these cars, and nice, low-mileage specimens are NOT common and getting less so, so a seller might get lucky connecting with an eager buyer who just wants to pull the trigger on his dream car.

I really don't get BimmersRus. Do they have the kind of money to be able to sit on cars for years? Shouldn't that give them a hint they're out of their mind? As i look at their current inventory, the Imola with 54K on it that i was considering buying back in Jan 2017 (from previous owner) is still for sale, asking $23K (they paid $16K for it). And the silvergray with 97K on it has been on their lot for even longer, and asking $20K. They also have the mystic blue with 33K they bought in BAT for $26K (+ the 5% add-on) so they must be asking $40K for that one, lol

NYRhockey
02-10-2019, 07:09 PM

I would say the one in this thread is a solid $12-13k car if it's truly in the amazing condition described.

Haven't seen EAG carry any ZHP's in a while, actually. Wonder why.

racer2086
02-11-2019, 06:39 PM
I really don't get BimmersRus. Do they have the kind of money to be able to sit on cars for years? Shouldn't that give them a hint they're out of their mind? As i look at their current inventory, the Imola with 54K on it that i was considering buying back in Jan 2017 (from previous owner) is still for sale, asking $23K (they paid $16K for it). And the silvergray with 97K on it has been on their lot for even longer, and asking $20K. They also have the mystic blue with 33K they bought in BAT for $26K (+ the 5% add-on) so they must be asking $40K for that one, lol

Yeah they told me it would be listed for over 30k for the mystic. I was like ok thanks, bye. He tried to explain to me why they are increasing in value as I was staring at CL cars for under 10k on my computer. You could put some money into one of those cars and end up with something pretty nice. Hey their prerogative.