PDA

View Full Version : Rear inner fender rough?

RPM ZHP
12-10-2018, 06:02 PM
I've noticed on my new-to-me '03 sedan that the forward edge of the rear inner fender liners are rough and jagged. They almost seem unfinished. But both sides are identical in this. Looking at some BAT ZHP images these seemed to show the same thing. Maybe a function of the way the fenders were modified to fit the body kit side skirts? My car is original paint, but for a front spoiler respray.

Anyone else see this? Hoping...

RPM ZHP
12-11-2018, 01:24 PM
Here's what Mine looks like. Passenger side is identical. Pardon the grime...

RPM ZHP
12-12-2018, 02:50 PM
49 views and not a single comment.

Huh.

BMWCurves
12-12-2018, 05:26 PM
49 views and not a single comment.

Huh.

I'll check my car tonight, but I'm pretty sure mine has paint there, if still covered in a thick layer of dirt.

Oli77
12-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Same here, my car has original paint color in that area, although dirty.
That clear 2-tone demarcation all the way through the skirt on yours sure looks weird to me. Like, did someone spray the inner fender area?

RPM ZHP
12-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Same here, my car has original paint color in that area, although dirty.
That clear 2-tone demarcation all the way through the skirt on yours sure looks weird to me. Like, did someone spray the inner fender area?

Nope. That's grime from snowy commute this week. The paint underneath looks original. Funny thing is that the somewhat jagged notch is identical on both sides.

ZHPizza
12-13-2018, 03:52 AM
Just found some pics of my fenders. Looks normal, my dude.

FYI the tire pushes back towards the rear when the suspension is compressed, so you'll never run the risk of contacting that edge.

704sw
12-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Mine looked like crap, but based on other pictures I saw it looked “normal.” It was like it got a single layer of paint and no clear coat. I masked it off, sprayed it with black rubberized undercoating and it looks infinitely better.