PDA

View Full Version : Steering Rack Leak

e46zhpm3
12-06-2018, 11:45 AM
Hey Guys,

just wanted your opinion on the following issue. Steering lack has been leaking in my ZHP. both the high pressure steering line and the rack itself. I replaced the high pressure line but it has not fixed the issue of constantly topping up the fluid. The question is, if i replace the rack with a non zhp rack what difference will i feel in real world driving.

I know the difference between the ZHP rack and non ZHP already, i just want to know if i will notice it during my driving. I do not track the car, it is my daily.

Also PO already replaced the rack 5 years ago! not sure why it is leaking again..

thank you all!

e46zhpm3
12-10-2018, 09:15 AM
Hey Guys,

just wanted your opinion on the following issue. Steering lack has been leaking in my ZHP. both the high pressure steering line and the rack itself. I replaced the high pressure line but it has not fixed the issue of constantly topping up the fluid. The question is, if i replace the rack with a non zhp rack what difference will i feel in real world driving.

I know the difference between the ZHP rack and non ZHP already, i just want to know if i will notice it during my driving. I do not track the car, it is my daily.

Also PO already replaced the rack 5 years ago! not sure why it is leaking again..

thank you all!

no one??

Sockethead
12-10-2018, 11:57 AM
I don't know of anyone here on the site that has done that... probably why the silence... the folks here aren't ones to ignore someone if they know the answer to their question no matter what it may be.

e46zhpm3
12-10-2018, 12:06 PM
I don't know of anyone here on the site that has done that... probably why the silence... the folks here aren't ones to ignore someone if they know the answer to their question no matter what it may be.

Yes i am aware. I guess its a unique scenario, i dont want to do it but its hard to find a ZHP steering RAck in canada. Some shops i called actually dont know the different either, I might have to get it shipped to a friend in the US through Rack Doctor.

Sockethead
12-10-2018, 12:57 PM
There's a user on here named slater (Peter). He's from up there too. He's gotten stuff from all over the world. He's also parted out a couple of e46s. Perhaps he can help...
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?22018-Parting-Out-2005-330Ci-ZHP-6-speed

e46zhpm3
12-10-2018, 06:56 PM
There's a user on here named slater (Peter). He's from up there too. He's gotten stuff from all over the world. He's also parted out a couple of e46s. Perhaps he can help...
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?22018-Parting-Out-2005-330Ci-ZHP-6-speed

Thank you so much! i messaged hopefully it works out :applause