PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Passenger Side Mirror Motor

dwonder
10-21-2018, 05:32 PM
Also looking for both sides exterior mirror glass as well (both of mine have some brown spots on the edges). I believe FCPEuro sells these for like $70 a pop but since it's not an immediate need, I'll see if anyone here is parting one day.
Thanks all!

ZHPizza
10-22-2018, 05:24 AM
Get you a set of the aspherical glass on eBay for $15. I have them on both e46's (wagon and coupe) and the wife and I love it. So much spatial awareness.

az3579
10-22-2018, 07:03 AM
Get you a set of the aspherical glass on eBay for $15. I have them on both e46's (wagon and coupe) and the wife and I love it. So much spatial awareness.

I bought a pair of those once; it was physically impossible to make them fit. :dunno

ZHPizza
10-22-2018, 07:16 AM
I bought a pair of those once; it was physically impossible to make them fit. :dunnoI had to get creative with the heating connections being on the wrong side but they fit just fine once I adjusted the contacts

az3579
10-22-2018, 02:13 PM
I had to get creative with the heating connections being on the wrong side but they fit just fine once I adjusted the contacts

The issue I ran into was that the connections for the heater wiring, even if they were long enough (which they weren't), didn't appear to have enough space behind them to make any connector fit unless I severely bent the terminals. I wasn't willing to do that... that was simply too poor of a fitment for me to bother. I returned them.

ZHPizza
10-22-2018, 06:13 PM
The issue I ran into was that the connections for the heater wiring, even if they were long enough (which they weren't), didn't appear to have enough space behind them to make any connector fit unless I severely bent the terminals. I wasn't willing to do that... that was simply too poor of a fitment for me to bother. I returned them.

Yup I bent the shit out of the terminals figuring I would send them back if they still didn't fit. Been working great for a few years now on 3 different cars that I've put them on!