PDA

View Full Version : Pillar material

Tunes
09-22-2018, 06:36 AM
I need to re-wrap my A and C pillars on my 05 sedan
Where can I purchase the material? I would like to keep it authentic if at all possible

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Oli77
09-22-2018, 07:17 AM
People have either bought new ones or re-wrapped.

If you re-wrap, it is cheaper, but 3 things: glue, material and don't scratch your windshield.

Spray glue: 3M Super 77, light coats both sides.

Material: at cloth and needle and thread stores. T-shirt like thickness, very pliable. Problem is that after 5 years, it fades badly. Stay away from upholstry material for headliner material it is often too thick to be of any use.

Really, if I had to do it again, I would buy new pilar covers, at least for the front.

ELCID86
09-23-2018, 09:49 AM
FWIW I pulled the old stuff off my Cs and have never missed it or notice led it wasn’t there.
Buy new front ones.

Vas
09-23-2018, 04:01 PM
Just bite the bullet and purchase new ones.

ZHPizza
09-23-2018, 07:38 PM
FWIW I pulled the old stuff off my Cs and have never missed it or notice led it wasn’t there.
Buy new front ones.I pulled it off of all of the pillars and now they match

Black felt ftw

BADCLOWN
09-23-2018, 11:53 PM
Buy new OEM, I had mine rewrapped very recently and while the material color is nearly identical the “grain” of the fabric isn’t the same (only noticeable if you get close to it) and the trim cover pieces for the A pillar don’t fit all the way because the fabric is too thick. I’ll probably sell my A pillars and get new OEM ones in the future. Then eventually replace the C pillars as well

cakM3
09-24-2018, 01:54 AM
Buy new OEM, I had mine rewrapped very recently and while the material color is nearly identical the “grain” of the fabric isn’t the same (only noticeable if you get close to it) and the trim cover pieces for the A pillar don’t fit all the way because the fabric is too thick. I’ll probably sell my A pillars and get new OEM ones in the future. Then eventually replace the C pillars as well

That's what I did with my M3. You get perfect match going OEM even though it may cost more, for me it is worth the coin to have perfection...

Reasoned1
09-24-2018, 02:24 PM
I rewrapped mine (A & C) with 3M 1080, matte black, adhesive-backed (no glue) vinyl, and they look as good or better than original. Easy, too...