PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2004 Alpine 330i ZHP 6MT -123K miles- *Fresh Suspension*

ETAction
07-30-2018, 12:00 PM
Hey All,

Life has crazy and unexpected turns. My family and I just recently relocated in AZ, and now rather unexpectedly, after a trip to Norway, my wife has been offered a career opportunity in the foreign country and we are highly considering the move. Between the 2 of us we have 4 cars and will most likely be selling off the fleet before the move.

I very recently purchased this beautiful example and is my second ZHP after owning a Dinan cert prior, this current example has been outstanding with impeccable preventative maintenance all completed recently by a great fellow Mafia member (dkmcclelland). Dustin (PO) treated the car with meticulous maintenance and during my short ownership have upheld the same standards with some fantastic new components.

Basics:
Vin: WBAEV534X4KM07110
2004 330i ZHP 6 speed
Alpine White/Black leather
Cold Weather package
Performance package
Navigation
Auto Xenon projector
123.7K miles

OE Modifications:

BMW E63 M6 Heated Nappa Leather Front Seats w/ Adjustable Lumbar and Side Bolster (uber nice)
BMW Euro spec sliding console tray
BMW Euro spec rear fog light LCM panel
E90 auto-dim rear view mirror w/ homelink
OE All weather floor mats
E46 M3 front strut tower brace
E46 M3 front sway bar
E46 non-m convertible rear sway bar
E46 M3 engine mounts
BMW OE Z4M FCAB & RTAB
BMW OE 3.46 open rear differential

Additional Modifications:

XTRONS Android Head Unit complete w/ Apple Car Play/Android Auto adapter
BSW Stage 1 speaker upgrade
Freshly wrapped perforated leather tri-stitch steering wheel.
Carbon Fiber rear diffuser

Gruppe M Intake - Serial NO 02-0115
Rogue Engineering Ikon Exhaust

Condor rear subframe bushings/reinforcement
Condor RTAB limiters
CDV delete
Short Shift Kit
StopTech Sport brake pads front and rear

Retrofit Source - Retro Quick ZKW projector upgrade
Khoalty Angel Eyes
Khoalty Fog Lights

The following items I had performed immediately after purchasing the car and all work was performed by VT Motorworks, a very competent BMW indy shop in Oakland, CA

Complete suspension refreshment parts along with wheels and tires have less than 500 miles on them.
Bilstein B4 shocks all the way around complete with new mounts.
H&R Sport Springs
Brand new Lower control arms installed.
APEX ARC 8 - 18x8.5 et38 square setup
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 245x40
4 wheel alignment performed

Included with sale:
OE air intake
OE nav unit
OE rear diffuser
Car Cover
Custom fit sun shade

Cons:
Sunroof shade works with manipulation but will need to be fixed/replaced. Sunroof works fine.
Bit of scuff on front bumper splitters
Exhaust resonator has an intermittent rattle
Driver side headlight flickers intermittently but warms up and eventually functions fine (I have a warranty replacement # to be completed for the bulbs from original supplier)

The paint is near flawless. Very minimal chips in front end as it had a clear bra on for an extended time but has been removed due to discoloration of the film.
Interior is perfect with the exception of passenger side pillar cloth removed due to sagging.

Link from previous owner detailing the crazy meticulous preventative maintenance including transmission, clutch, rear main seal and complete cooling system overhaul.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HlNeyomT1ITs-O_yTUmL4R2PltcOerQXbzP1YmQGlq4/htmlview

Paper documents detailing some maintenance as well as the recent suspension overhaul. Original window sticker.

Should appear obvious that I had intended to keep the car in the foreseeable future considering the recent work and money invested. Since owning I have driven it less than 500 miles and have invested roughly $4,700 into the car. Have remained in contact with the previous owner and have notified him of my impending relocation and potential sale of the vehicle, considering my short ownership time.

Clean Carfax
Clean AZ title in hand

Located in Flagstaff, AZ. I have great shipping contacts.

My loss is your gain at - $13K

ETAction20@gmail.com

-Eli

BMW CCA Member - Mafia Enforcer

BMWCurves
07-30-2018, 12:49 PM
Dayum.

GLWS

OtterEffect
07-30-2018, 01:12 PM
VERY interested! PM incoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FungShui
07-30-2018, 02:14 PM
GLWS!

A little off topic but what are you going to do with the wagon?

ComradeNick
07-30-2018, 02:16 PM
I remember seeing the this the first time is was for sale and it looks even better now with the new rims. If a manual was practical where I lived, I would be all over it. Whoever buys this next is really going to enjoy it.

ETAction
07-30-2018, 02:39 PM
Pics of fresh LCA's that were installed.

I just recently had the rear wheel off to replace a brake pad sensor wire and knew I should've snapped a quick pic of the fresh springs and shocks looking all fancy.

I can still do this, should someone require it.

ETAction
07-30-2018, 02:40 PM
GLWS!

A little off topic but what are you going to do with the wagon?

E61 has been sold.

danewilson77
07-30-2018, 06:26 PM
Good luck with the relo my friend

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ETAction
07-30-2018, 06:35 PM
Good luck with the relo my friend

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Dane.

Anxious to get my hands on some Euro spec bimmers

ETAction
07-30-2018, 06:37 PM
Pic of CarPlay in use

BMWCurves
07-31-2018, 12:33 AM
As a complete aside, how did setup your Xtrons to get CarPlay functioning? I can't seem to get my Xtrons to play along

az3579
07-31-2018, 02:23 AM
As a complete aside, how did setup your Xtrons to get CarPlay functioning? I can't seem to get my Xtrons to play alongYou need a special cable for it. It's about $50 IIRC. Thought I saved a link to it but I guess not.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

joeybananaz18
07-31-2018, 02:47 AM
This car is beautiful. GLWS and good luck with the move. Norway is on my bucket list.

To add to the aside, i never knew car play was available on the Xtrons- looks like I'm going to have to give that a consideration.

ETAction
07-31-2018, 08:04 AM
As a complete aside, how did setup your Xtrons to get CarPlay functioning? I can't seem to get my Xtrons to play along

Ill send ya the link to the part when I get home. Works fine. Makes it a much nicer experience.

BADCLOWN
07-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Wow, what a bummer on the car front having just acquired two new to you cars.

Great looking ZHP, GL with the sale.

Can you forward me the cable link as well for the car play functionality

NYRhockey
07-31-2018, 05:39 PM
ho lee fuk, what a beauty.

ELCID86
08-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Very nice specimen. GLWS and very cool opportunity. Can’t wait to see you on House Hunters International!

derbo
08-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Good luck! It was a shame you couldn't keep it!

BTW, VT Motorworks is in Pleasanton.. and is owned by the two mechanics responsible for the BMW 1M Clone (White 135i with 1M Bodywork and S65 V8) when they worked at Performance Technic! :)

ETAction
08-03-2018, 12:16 PM
bump

open to deal

MrAdventure
08-05-2018, 05:52 AM

I'm using the Eonon branded head unit. I bought a CarPlay dongle off of eBay. It provided a link to the Android app I had to load into the head unit, however, every time I turned on my car, I kept getting a popup asking if I wanted the CarPlay app to be the default apk to run when the dongle was inserted, often multiple times, before it would finally work, even though there was a "set as default" checkbox. Eventually, I kept searching online for app and firmware updates for the dongle, and found a version of the apk from June or July that has a settings button, which allowed me to download and install the latest versions of each. Once those were installed, everything is working great.

Even before then, once the dongle was up and running, the sound quality for my iPhone was far better than the BlueTooth connection could ever provide. I still suffer from low volume on the mic for phone calls, but otherwise, I'll stick with this setup until CarPlay is offered within the unit itself.

I either found the right version to download from this discussion: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-head-units/apple-carplay-usb-dongle-android-t3647996

or from an eBay ad that had a link to the apk. In my case, I found the zbox apk wouldn't work with this dongle.

Hope this helps.

ETAction
08-05-2018, 06:52 AM
$PRICE DROP$

stephenkirsh
08-05-2018, 10:00 AM
Dustin's car!

-------

Good luck! It was a shame you couldn't keep it!

BTW, VT Motorworks is in Pleasanton.. and is owned by the two mechanics responsible for the BMW 1M Clone (White 135i with 1M Bodywork and S65 V8) when they worked at Performance Technic! :)

Wehad1
08-10-2018, 08:12 AM
Hey Eli
Did you sell this one?
Feel free to contact me
Julian 919/740-8899

ETAction
08-10-2018, 09:04 AM
sale pending

I will let ya know after tomorrow afternoon if sale falls through

ETAction
08-11-2018, 12:49 PM