PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Lens Protector

pedro2u
05-13-2018, 04:52 PM
Has anyone tried lens protector's? My headlights are still in near perfect condition, but I want to keep them that way.

Not many reviews for the WeatherTech Lampgards (https://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2005/3-series-e46/lampgard/lg-trim/ci/lg-bodystyle/convertible/)

I also see AutoSport has the XPEL (https://www.autosportcatalog.com/products/xpel-invisible-headlight-protection.html)

Both are similar products with similar price. WeatherTech's are 40mil, Xpel are 30mil

Just looking for experiences with any lens protectors

Vas
05-13-2018, 05:05 PM
Either would work since its just clear film.

But I would go with xpel personally. They are know to make exceptional ppf

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pedro2u
05-13-2018, 05:14 PM
thanks for the input, great to know. They have a lot more positive reviews than WeatherTech. I may just pull the trigger on em

BADCLOWN
05-13-2018, 05:16 PM
I used tinted film from ECS when I had my new lenses installed. They are still perfect a year later (both film and lenses)

pedro2u
05-13-2018, 05:48 PM
Looking at ECS, they don't mention the thickness of the films, but I'm seeing good reviews of even 20mil thick films, and 12mil on Lamin-x

Seems like anything is better than asking the headlight to protect itself

Dual
05-14-2018, 10:29 AM
Anyone have experience to share about what it's like to install these?

melonz
05-24-2018, 02:41 PM
I have LAMINX on mine. Although I covered the lenses when they were brand new and un-installed.

Went pretty well and very simple. I just wet my lenses a bit and slid the covers around until just about right and let it dry. No bubbles.

sillieidiot
05-27-2018, 01:18 PM
I have the Xpel ones on my car. Been like 4 years and still looks good. I had them install it at the same time I did my front end though. But it doesn't look too hard to install. It's like installing the wet install screen protectors on your phone. But I'm sure you can find places to do the install for you. At my bodyshop. it's like $120 for them to polish and clean the lens + install the PPF on it for you.