PDA

View Full Version : wtb good working condition HVAC

iya_e46
03-18-2018, 09:52 PM
Hey guys anybody has a good used HVAC for a facelift please pm me. My ZHP has a parasitic draw with fuse #62 and we're trying to pinpoint the cause of it (heater valve, ac sensor, hvac, wiring etc) so far I replaced the heater valve and still has a draw. AC sensor and HVAC will be next.. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELCID86
03-21-2018, 11:02 AM
Hey guys anybody has a good used HVAC for a facelift please pm me. My ZHP has a parasitic draw with fuse #62 and we're trying to pinpoint the cause of it (heater valve, ac sensor, hvac, wiring etc) so far I replaced the heater valve and still has a draw. AC sensor and HVAC will be next.. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just the control unit for the dash, correct?

johnrando
03-21-2018, 01:12 PM
If so (front control unit), add me to that after OP gets one. The buttons stick on mine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

iya_e46
03-21-2018, 08:22 PM
Just the control unit for the dash, correct?

Yes the control panel! You have a spare?

slater
03-21-2018, 09:45 PM
i've got one somewhere. out of town until sunday, but i can check then. may have two.

iya_e46
03-22-2018, 07:34 AM
i've got one somewhere. out of town until sunday, but i can check then. may have two.

Thanks brotha let me know. One for me and one for John lol

johnrando
03-22-2018, 10:50 AM
Thanks brotha let me know. One for me and one for John lolThat would be great!

slater
03-28-2018, 09:39 AM
Thanks brotha let me know. One for me and one for John lol

sorry for the delay on this. i finally got a chance to check, i do have a spare auto-HVAC unit (what we normally have in our cars), and also a manual HVAC unit (with the three big knobs on it) from a euro-spec 320i. not fancy, but totally different and kinda cool? it supports A/C.

as for your issue, though - have you tried just pulling the HVAC unit and seeing if the draw still exists?

iya_e46
03-28-2018, 09:52 AM
sorry for the delay on this. i finally got a chance to check, i do have a spare auto-HVAC unit (what we normally have in our cars), and also a manual HVAC unit (with the three big knobs on it) from a euro-spec 320i. not fancy, but totally different and kinda cool? it supports A/C.

as for your issue, though - have you tried just pulling the HVAC unit and seeing if the draw still exists?

thanks brotha! fortunately I was able to acquire a used hvac from another member here so that unit you have John can go ahead and buy it from you.. as for the issue we have yet to pull the old unit out but took the extra step to get a new ac sensor and used hvac ready for new replacement so we can check it off the list of possible cause.

slater
03-28-2018, 11:05 AM
thanks brotha! fortunately I was able to acquire a used hvac from another member here so that unit you have John can go ahead and buy it from you.. as for the issue we have yet to pull the old unit out but took the extra step to get a new ac sensor and used hvac ready for new replacement so we can check it off the list of possible cause.

no worries - hope ya figure it out! :)

johnrando
03-29-2018, 05:34 PM

as for your issue, though - have you tried just pulling the HVAC unit and seeing if the draw still exists?If the auto-hvac unit is in good condition I would like to buy it.