PDA

View Full Version : Salvage sale of my poor ZHP?

Daddyoh
01-12-2018, 08:23 AM
Hello all,
It's been a while since I've posted, and this one is sad.
My 2005 6mt has been declared a total loss after my son was run off the road and side-swiped a power pole.
I have a settlement offer of they keep vs. I keep.
Is there any interest in these cars for being purchased for parts or salvage?
Is there a typical purchase price for the whole car?

Sorry if there's a better page to post this on.
I'm in Martinsburg, WV
Thanks,
Daddyoh

Yelkos
01-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Bummer DaddyOh, Sorry to see it go.
I hope your Boy is OK.
My Son drove my E39 down a mountain backwards, luckily a big tree stopped his progress. we fixed ours and drove it another 2 years.
I know there is a market for the parts, not sure about the whole car.

slater
01-12-2018, 08:52 AM
sorry to hear... is he OK?

there is definitely value in it, especially since the components of value (i.e., motor and trans) appear to be unaffected. the headlights, if working well are worth salvaging, as well as the interior trim, etc. probably best to just sell it whole. based on the photos (hard to tell - they only show that one side), no mileage details... i would say roughly $2500 for the whole car is probably reasonable.

Daddyoh
01-12-2018, 09:09 AM
sorry to hear... is he OK?

there is definitely value in it, especially since the components of value (i.e., motor and trans) appear to be unaffected. the headlights, if working well are worth salvaging, as well as the interior trim, etc. probably best to just sell it whole. based on the photos (hard to tell - they only show that one side), no mileage details... i would say roughly $2500 for the whole car is probably reasonable.

Thanks guys. I was hoping someone would say maybe $2,500 for the whole car. That would put the total at a more palatable figure. I feel like I have to argue a little more with them, but I've got to find some more backup. I don't think they have the ZHP consideration, and they used '06 E90 330i comps!

The repair estimate was about $6,200...

Oh, and yes my son is fine. Did a good job of avoiding the head-on with the pole. Thanks for asking!

ZHPizza
01-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Glad to hear he's ok. Parting out a car is definitely a headache, but, well for starters, this guy is looking for an engine...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?21058-ZHP-Motor-blew

Yelkos
01-12-2018, 09:35 AM
$2,500 for an ZHP engine wrapped in a car seems like a good deal.

slater
01-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Glad to hear he's ok. Parting out a car is definitely a headache, but, well for starters, this guy is looking for an engine...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?21058-ZHP-Motor-blew

i was just thinking about that dude... yes, this could be a good fit. :)

and i agree about the parting out bit - such a pain, but handy to have spares.

Vas
01-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of the car. In regards to parts, I sent you a pm.

Daddyoh
01-12-2018, 11:55 AM
Replied to your PM.
I remember you saying "No don't sell it!" :biggrin
Thanks Vas!

BADCLOWN
01-12-2018, 02:44 PM
If you part, I am an hour away and would be interested in some parts depending on condition and price.

eimkeith
01-12-2018, 03:27 PM
also sorry to hear; but there is a definite need for parts to keep these cars going - for instance, I'm having trouble finding a replacement gauge cluster (critical piece) to replace the melted one in my ZHP after a dash fire. No cluster = no car.

If you decide to buy back from the insurance company and part it, please let us know - I'll buy at least the cluster (and probably more.)

Best wishes, whatever you decide.

ELCID86
01-12-2018, 03:38 PM
Sorry. I went through similar with my son's ZHP. If you have the time, space, and ok inclination, you might make some scratch parting it out.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

az3579
01-12-2018, 07:12 PM
also sorry to hear; but there is a definite need for parts to keep these cars going - for instance, I'm having trouble finding a replacement gauge cluster (critical piece) to replace the melted one in my ZHP after a dash fire. No cluster = no car.

If you decide to buy back from the insurance company and part it, please let us know - I'll buy at least the cluster (and probably more.)

Best wishes, whatever you decide.

I have a non-ZHP cluster out of a pre-facelift coupe, if you're interested...

eimkeith
01-13-2018, 03:59 AM
I have a non-ZHP cluster out of a pre-facelift coupe, if you're interested...

Thanks, but I just landed a ZHP cluster on eBay, so I'm set!

Don Adolfo
01-13-2018, 12:31 PM
Sad. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Daddyoh
01-13-2018, 04:12 PM
Sad. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you, sir.

Hornung418
01-13-2018, 06:50 PM
Stephen, sorry to read this. Glad your boy is okay, though! Good luck with the repairs/search for a replacement!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Daddyoh
01-17-2018, 08:46 PM
Once again, to everybody
Thanks all for your concerns and input
I have come to the conclusion that I will accept the insurance company's settlement offer.
I wanted to report that after I challenged them on the apparent Performance Package item omission, they increased the settlement by a walloping $322 for the P.P. value. Yep, from a $3,900 sticker price.
Well, I guess that's better than a sharp stick in the eye........or ZERO.
Hope this helps someone in the future!
Cheers everybody!