PDA

View Full Version : How to turn off Daytime running lights?

thinkpad240
07-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Anyone has an idea on how to you it yourself or what it will cost to have an indy shop do it? Not an urgent item, but planning ahead. The headlights are programmed to be on all of the time while the car's engine is running or car is being driven(even while the light switch is at the off position). I just want the lights turned off.

I ready online about the $30 PA Software. I have the Schwaben code reader for BMW; I'm not sure it will do that. I just want input from someone here who has done it . Thanks.

az3579
07-08-2017, 03:24 PM
PA Soft is your best bet. Cheaper than an Indy, and you can program a lot more stuff than just DRLs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pilot05
07-08-2017, 04:22 PM
PA Soft is your best bet. Cheaper than an Indy, and you can program a lot more stuff than just DRLs.

+1 on this. I deactivated my DRL's with a new purchase/ install of PA Soft last summer. I am not particularly tech savvy either.
Shortly after I deactivated my DRL's I notice an increase in people pulling out in front of me, etc. I am close to turning them back on and probable will.
PA Soft is helpful for other things as well and is a good investment for e46 owners.

anandoc
07-08-2017, 04:49 PM
PA Soft as others have pointed out. However, it is best to have some form of DRLs. I have my AEs wired to be on at all times.

If you are feeling particularly adventurous and want to use NCS Expert, you want to set the following keyword to delete the DRLs:

GED_FL_ALS_DRL = nich_aktiv

az3579
07-09-2017, 06:53 AM
Shortly after I deactivated my DRL's I notice an increase in people pulling out in front of me, etc. I am close to turning them back on and probable will.

lol
Trust me, that's not the DRL's being off. That's people just being STUPID.

I have both city lights (the brighter bulb variant) and the front corners on as DRL's in addition to the yellow fogs I usually run and people still do that shit.

ELCID86
07-09-2017, 06:54 AM
Tony (tnhlxxxx) here sells the PASoft kit. Comes in very handy.