PDA

View Full Version : Driver's side mirror - memory issue / position issue?

melonz
05-28-2017, 10:56 PM
I've done some Googling but can't seem to find a thread that mirrors (pun intended) my issue.

1) I set my mirror at the desired position, set memory.

2) I found that my mirrors were a bit off for some reason, pressed 1 to get it back to the memory position. It only moves for a second or two and stops, moving nowhere near my set memory position.

3) Tested it by moving the mirror towards the cabin away from the my ideal position and pressed 1. Mirror starts to move towards the cabin, away from the direction it should be going.

However the motor has full range of motion, controls work perfectly.

Has anyone experienced this?

Is there a reset procedure for setting the limit like the windows?

anandoc
05-29-2017, 02:16 AM
If you have PA Soft, pull the codes. There are potentiometers built into the mirror motors which report the X/Y position back to the GM5 module. Sometimes these potentiometers go bad and that is when you experience things like these.

I have similar issues with my passenger side mirror motor. You should see a similar error under the ZKE module:

"50/39 - Passenger mirror: Potentiometer axel 2/4"

melonz
05-29-2017, 08:23 PM
If you have PA Soft, pull the codes. There are potentiometers built into the mirror motors which report the X/Y position back to the GM5 module. Sometimes these potentiometers go bad and that is when you experience things like these.

I have similar issues with my passenger side mirror motor. You should see a similar error under the ZKE module:

"50/39 - Passenger mirror: Potentiometer axel 2/4"

Thanks! I'll take a look and replace if necessary.