PDA

View Full Version : WTB ZHP Coupe or Sedan

Wisco
04-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Hello all,

We have been enjoying our 2006 Imola/Sand Beige ZHP convertible, (second owner, 76,xxx total miles) but I should note that "we" = Mrs. Wisco... as I don't seem to get to drive the ZHP much during the summer when she parks the SUV and uses the ZHP as her DD (The 'vert gets stored in a friend's barn over the Wisconsin winter). As such, I'm in the market for another ZHP for dear old Dad. We're probably going to give my current 130K on the odo DD e90 sedan (6MT, N52 with Sport Package) to our soon to be college graduate son.

I'm almost 50 years old, could have bought a new M240i, but dammit the ZHP is just more fun than any modern BMW!

Year(s):2005 or 2006 preferred
Budget: $15,000 max
Desired location of vehicle:Driving distance from Wisconsin preferred, but will pay to ship or fly and buy for the right car
Desired Mileage: sub-65K. Lower the better. More importantly I want a car that someone has maintained, repairs and PM items.
Transmission type: MT only
Desired number of Doors: 2 or 4. We're slowly getting kids out of our house, but 4 doors could still work.
Desired Color combos: Imola + black, blue + tan, black + tan... no silver or monotone (black + black) cars
Desired Packages: Premium, Xenons, Cold Weather... this is Wisconsin don't cha know!
Funds lined up?: Yes
Have a car you need to sell first? : No

san
04-27-2017, 02:50 AM
Good luck with your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWCurves
04-27-2017, 05:05 AM
Good luck in your search!

I've said this in other threads, don't worry about mileage so much. Low mileage ZHPs are becoming more and more difficult to find and as a result they have what I think is an inflated price. When I purchased my ZHP two years ago, it had less than 50k miles and definitely had a price premium. However, because the car had been dealer maintained, almost everything in the car was original, meaning it was nine years old. Despite the low mileage, time/age makes rubber dry out and plastic becomes brittle. I ended up performing the same maintenance I would have done on a car with double the mileage because of the age rather than the mileage. That's not to say I regret my purchase at all, but I could have saved some money and had just as nice of a car.

Instead, I'd say be willing to widen your search to cars with 100k miles or so that have been well maintained. You save money on the low-mileage people are charging, but still have a car that will last ages. That's not to say I don't say go for a low mileage example, just consider higher mileage ZHPs as well.

Anywho, good luck!

NoVAphotog
04-27-2017, 05:41 AM
Desired Color combos: Imola + black, blue + tan, black + tan... no silver or monotone (black + black) cars

The best. This is an unbiased opinion.

ryankokesh
04-27-2017, 12:36 PM

The best. This is an unbiased opinion.

Correction: Imola + black cloth

:slap

GDMChRiZ
04-27-2017, 02:05 PM
2004 Imola/Cloth coupe 6-speed $10.5k shipped

Wisco
04-30-2017, 06:21 AM
BMWCurves,

Thanks for the note. I appreciate the wisdom.

I stumbled into this group when trying to understand ZHPs and the wise and friendly people here helped immensely when we bought our 2006 Imola/Sand Beige 'vert. One drive and I understood.