PDA

View Full Version : Questions on the Euro LCM faceplate options

nextelbuddy
04-05-2017, 08:00 PM
I could have sworn i read on here somewhere that certain euro faceplates were only for xenon and some were only for halogen? or is it the LCM in its entirety?

my LCM is 3.6 in a 2003 ZHP but im using the auto level faceplate from an M3 since I did the rain sensor retrofit.

id love to be able to get the euro faceplate that has Auto setting, Rear fog AND the adjustable level dial. is that possible?

i was looking at this one mainly..

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-e46/1948413-used?product=B61316911645

Will it work? and allow me to adjust the leveling portion of my xenon headlights? or do I need one that specifically came off a Xenon LCM?

cakM3
04-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Do you have details on what is required to do the rain sensor retrofit? This is something I'm still looking to finish on my ZHP...

az3579
04-06-2017, 02:26 AM
I'm pretty sure the switch with manual leveling won't work on your car because your car has autoleveling. The other dials will work, but the manual leveling will do nothing.

As far as Xenon vs Halogen goes, that's an LCM thing, not a switch thing. With that said, the coupes with adaptive Xenons have an extra little light to the left of the A switch position that indicates when adaptive mode is enabled, but that doesn't really affect the operation of the switch in any way.

slater
04-06-2017, 04:42 AM
I'm pretty sure the switch with manual leveling won't work on your car because your car has autoleveling. The other dials will work, but the manual leveling will do nothing.

As far as Xenon vs Halogen goes, that's an LCM thing, not a switch thing. With that said, the coupes with adaptive Xenons have an extra little light to the left of the A switch position that indicates when adaptive mode is enabled, but that doesn't really affect the operation of the switch in any way.

BP, can't you disable autoleveling in PASoft?

nextelbuddy
04-06-2017, 05:40 AM
Do you have details on what is required to do the rain sensor retrofit? This is something I'm still looking to finish on my ZHP...

I will look back at my notes, pictures and see if i have enough to put together a DIY retrofit thread utilizing some of the other info i gathered online. most of them still have pictures i believe can nab and repost with credit to the person. I

i found my answer, looks like Terra covered this already on e46fanatics.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1090752

it looks like halogen cars had auto leveling and the manual adjustment knobs which meant their LCMs had the resistor already in place?

anywho i guess i can hold off on this for now since its not super important. if it was just PnP i would go ahead and get the face plate.

az3579
04-06-2017, 09:13 AM
BP, can't you disable autoleveling in PASoft?

I don't know, can you? I rarely use PA Soft.
There is physical circuitry that's different between the two LCMs.

nextelbuddy
04-06-2017, 12:20 PM

I compiled a bunch of info into a DIY thread. hopefully this can help

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?19984-RLS-(Rain-Sensor-Auto-Headlight)-Retrofit-DIY&p=526665#post526665

derbo
04-07-2017, 08:05 PM
NCSexpert does have an option to turn off autoleveling, not sure it actually does it or not.