PDA

View Full Version : 2004 BMW 330Ci Convertible ZHP 6MT w/ 72k miles (Scottsdale, AZ) - $8,950

BMWCurves
03-11-2017, 08:21 AM
Found on Craigslist. Titanium Silver Metallic on Light Beige 2 leather interior. It does not have the Cold Weather Package. Cannot determine if it has the Premium Package.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/6012062226.html

ELCID86
03-14-2017, 04:26 PM
Not bad at all.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

JimRosenthal
03-14-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm interested in this one and have contacted the seller. Can anyone recommend an indie BMW shop in the Scottsdale area for me to get a PPI done? I can't get out there that quickly. Thanks to all in advance for any suggestions.

BMWCurves
03-14-2017, 06:31 PM
I'm interested in this one and have contacted the seller. Can anyone recommend an indie BMW shop in the Scottsdale area for me to get a PPI done? I can't get out there that quickly. Thanks to all in advance for any suggestions.

I can't, but you might take a look at Bimmershops.com if no one else chimes in.

JimRosenthal
03-17-2017, 06:14 AM
I found a very good shop on that forum, thank you- had the car looked at yesterday. Drove well, acc to them, some catch up to do and some cosmetic issues. I've made an offer, we'll see what happens. The BMW shop in Scottsdale was Babbitt's- very professional- thorough PPI, photos, clear writeup- very high-class operation.

BMWCurves
03-17-2017, 07:18 AM
Glad it worked out for you, hopefully the car is yours soon!

Vas
03-17-2017, 07:22 AM
I found a very good shop on that forum, thank you- had the car looked at yesterday. Drove well, acc to them, some catch up to do and some cosmetic issues. I've made an offer, we'll see what happens. The BMW shop in Scottsdale was Babbitt's- very professional- thorough PPI, photos, clear writeup- very high-class operation.

Glad to hear.

JimRosenthal
03-17-2017, 04:04 PM
No deal. From what I was advised, the car is basically sound but needs some money spent on catch-up maintenance and cosmetics. Seller feels it is priced with that in mind. I guess we'll see on that, but I was not interested at the ask.

johnrando
03-17-2017, 04:22 PM
That seems like a good price for that low miles if you can DIY the fixes, which most of the main ones are not hard to do. Did you get a detailed list?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NYRhockey
03-17-2017, 05:16 PM
72K for $9K? that is not a bad deal, at all.

UdubBadger
03-18-2017, 06:18 AM

I've got a shop in Tempe you can send it to. Tech is a good friend and E46 M guy.

EDIT: nvrmind looks like you took care of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimRosenthal
03-19-2017, 09:40 AM
He did not accept my offer, which was substantially lower than the ask. Shop felt that about $2600 of work was needed on it; he feels that such a figure is built in, I don't.

UdubBadger
03-19-2017, 10:31 AM
Sorry to hear. This looks like North Scottsdale so not incredibly close by to me but let me know if you need any help further. Maybe you guys can talk it out. $2600 worth of work at a shop could only be $600-900 if you DIY. Seems like a nice looking car with some lower miles for the year so maybe there is some middle ground you all will find.

NYRhockey
03-19-2017, 06:01 PM
He did not accept my offer, which was substantially lower than the ask. Shop felt that about $2600 of work was needed on it; he feels that such a figure is built in, I don't.

What did the shop say it needed?

johnrando
03-20-2017, 08:00 PM
I agree w Seth. They charge hourly rate for things you can do in half the time and many things at once.

JimRosenthal
03-29-2017, 05:38 AM
I agree w Seth. They charge hourly rate for things you can do in half the time and many things at once.

Still for sale. I still have the work order and the photos, so if anyone wants them, PM me or post here and I'll be happy to forward them along. The owner of the car has them, so it isn't as if I am going behind his back.

I'm thinking about a Norton Commando, which is why I haven't done anything else about a ZHP. Yet. LOL