PDA

View Full Version : Very good DIY for Citylights from bimmerbrothers

derbo
12-29-2016, 08:22 AM
http://www.bimmerbrothers.com/e46-m3-city-light-retrofit/

I thought I share what I found while I was looking for city light retrofits on Google. I am very impressed with the level of detail in this DIY. Level 10 Master!

I'm planning to do this as soon as I get a new daily commuter and the ZHP goes back into the garage. Time to buy parts! :) I personally like city lights over angel eyes on the E46, but like BP said, I'm weird.

az3579
12-29-2016, 09:14 AM
I'm planning to do this as soon as I get a new daily commuter and the ZHP goes back into the garage. Time to buy parts! :) I personally like city lights over angel eyes on the E46, but like BP said, I'm weird.

You mean we are weird. I already have 'em and you are going to get them - we seem to be the only ones. lol

I'm all about being different from what everyone else is doing.

derbo
12-29-2016, 09:15 AM
You mean we are weird. I already have 'em and you are going to get them - we seem to be the only ones. lol

I'm all about being different from what everyone else is doing.

I'm all for doing Euro mods :)

terraphantm
01-02-2017, 05:11 PM
If you have ZKW housings it's even easier. The holes are already there and just have a cap on them.

Also for wiring, if you remove the DME fan, you can lift out the grommet and slide new wires along that bundle very easily (the grommet is split from the factory). Don't have to use a coat hanger, zip tie, etc. to fish the wire.

ryankokesh
01-03-2017, 04:55 AM
That may just be the most thorough diy I've seen to date.

johnrando
01-04-2017, 07:24 AM
I like city lights on the right cars. I'm more of a Angel Eyes person though. Glad you found a good DIY and thanks for sharing.

derbo
01-04-2017, 07:14 PM
If you have ZKW housings it's even easier. The holes are already there and just have a cap on them.

Also for wiring, if you remove the DME fan, you can lift out the grommet and slide new wires along that bundle very easily (the grommet is split from the factory). Don't have to use a coat hanger, zip tie, etc. to fish the wire.

Good tip! Due to the silly ZKW burnt bowl issue, I migrated over to AL headlights a long time ago. I always wanted to install city lights but never had the time to do it. I just ordered all my parts a few hours ago. :)

terraphantm
01-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Good tip! Due to the silly ZKW burnt bowl issue, I migrated over to AL headlights a long time ago. I always wanted to install city lights but never had the time to do it. I just ordered all my parts a few hours ago. :)

Yeah I've had all the pieces for years, just never got around to it since I wasn't sure about sealing them, and was toying with the idea of trying to get a set of Euro AL housings off eBay or something.

derbo
01-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Yeah I've had all the pieces for years, just never got around to it since I wasn't sure about sealing them, and was toying with the idea of trying to get a set of Euro AL housings off eBay or something.

The triple 112 o-rings sound simple enough for me. If i see you bidding on Euro AL Housings, I'll back off. :rofl