PDA

View Full Version : ZHP front air dam

JimRosenthal
12-22-2016, 07:35 AM
Just curious- did all ZHP cars have the different front air dam? I'm asking because at the trim shop yesterday, I saw a 330Ci convertible with the six-speed transmission, the higher redline, and the sport seats, which I thought was a ZHP-option car, but it didn't have the front air dam with the horns on it. Owner is overseas so I couldn't ask him. Comments?

BMWCurves
12-22-2016, 08:33 AM
My guess is the car you saw either:
1. Was a ZHP but the owner swapped the front bumper for any number of reasons (aesthetic, post-accident, etc)
2. Was not a ZHP and the owner was swapping out non-ZHP parts for ZHP parts but hadn't done the front bumper.

Did the car have the M Tech II rear bumper of our cars?

az3579
12-22-2016, 10:06 AM
Define higher redline... 330's have had 6k, 6.5k and 6.7k redlines during the lifecycle. Which one of those was it? Were the needles red?
What you describe sounds like just a regular sport package car.

terraphantm
12-22-2016, 06:21 PM
Define higher redline... 330's have had 6k, 6.5k and 6.7k redlines during the lifecycle. Which one of those was it? Were the needles red?
What you describe sounds like just a regular sport package car.

330s never had 6k red lines. The cluster's graphics were a little ambiguous (if you look closely, you'll see the red is dashed until 6.5k on older cars), but the DME always allowed 6.5k

az3579
12-25-2016, 07:06 AM
330s never had 6k red lines. The cluster's graphics were a little ambiguous (if you look closely, you'll see the red is dashed until 6.5k on older cars), but the DME always allowed 6.5k

Good to know. I always just seen it as the beginning of the redline on those cars, from a visual standpoint. I was using it as a reference point in what model year/type that car was. The older ones have this kind (pictured below), then some had the redline starting at 6.5 (visually), and then ZHPs starting a few hundred RPM above that.