PDA

View Full Version : Recommended indy service in Portland, OR?

dpark
11-30-2016, 12:02 AM
Is there a thread or a recommendation for an independent BMW service center in the Portland, OR area? I know there are several indies, but wondering if anyone had a good recommendation about one of them.

If I get a suspension refresh and get want to get the parts from FCP and have the indie do the labor, would be nice to know which shops are OK with that scenario instead of them buying the parts themselves. The lifetime FCP warranty has me wanting to do business with them.

Regards,

dpark

BMWCurves
11-30-2016, 05:11 AM
I've used Autobahn Motorwerks over in Beaverton. It's a small shop run by two guys, Sebastian and Jason. They've been good to me whenever I've been in there. I have also heard good things about Autohaus Bayern in Beaverton, but I've never been. My father used to take his car to Re-Born Automotive on the east side at the suggestion of our local mechanic when his operation closed down. They're okay.

I've also heard Pacific Motorsports is supposed to be decent. Located on the east side as well.

Browse Bimmershops.com if you're looking for more options.

dpark
11-30-2016, 03:25 PM
Thanks BMWCurves!

I know about all 3, just didn't know if any of them were any good. Have you purchased parts personally and had them do the install?

BMWCurves
11-30-2016, 04:03 PM
Yup. I usually do my own maintenance but I've brought parts to them before to have installed. No issues. I'd just mention you're bringing the parts beforehand.

Just a heads up though, Autobahn is pretty busy I think. I called asking about having them do exhaust work and they said they were booked out a couple of weeks.

Cadeez
12-02-2016, 02:42 PM
Like Curves I usually do my own work, but if I need something beyond my capabilities I go to Autohaus Bayern in Beaverton. Great guys and they do good, honest work. And they have wifi :) However I'm not sure if they'd install aftermarket parts brought in, but I've never asked, might depend on the part. just a feeling I get from them. Give them a ring and ask for Darby, he'll be able to tell you. Another great shop is Boyd Motor Werks over in NE by the convention center, never been there but I have heard they are "the" BMW shop in PDX. They're at all of the CCA events, I believe they are a CCA sponsor even.

http://www.boydmotorwerks.com/