PDA

View Full Version : Panel Under Glovebox, How Is It Put Back in Place?

mercury26
08-09-2016, 05:30 PM
I am in the process of swapping out the interior bulbs form conventional to LED bulbs. Order some nice OEM BMW C5W LED (festoon style) from Europe, some strange reason they cannot be ordered in the US. Anyways, the footwell lamp on the passenger side popped out but the cable for it was no where to be found. I knew it had to be in there, so I start fishing around with my finger and in the process I popped down the panel that the light pops into. How is it secured? Should the tabs be popped back under the dash panel. I have some pics, of the panel and tabs sticking out. BTW, the PO had some work done on the HVAC and bet that someone forgot to hook up the footwell lamp when they were done.

TheFinanceGuy
08-11-2016, 07:31 AM
You will need to remove your glove box to reattach this panel.

It attaches to the white rack carrier that holds your GM5 module in place.

This removal DIY of the GM5 has the best picture of that panel that I could find (I didn't take any when doing this).
See step 7 here.

https://www.bmwgm5.com/GM5_Removal.htm

Additionally, the bottom of the glove box holds that panel in place as well. Those tabs look like they popped out.

mercury26
08-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info. SO the tricky panel that is mentioned in the guide ("This panel is tricky to put back so I usually leave it hanging there.") is the same panel that we are referring to? Does it clip onto the glovebox or just rest on it?

TheFinanceGuy
08-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Same panel. It's slides into the glove box bottom.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk