PDA

View Full Version : Not mine: M3 seats - heated, power $450

anandoc
07-13-2016, 08:13 AM
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=17019755#post17019755

They seem to be in decent condition. I would have snapped these up if I were in the vicinity.

BMWCurves
07-13-2016, 08:55 AM
Nice find, cool they're already set up for sedans. Can't say enough good things about the comfort/performance upgrade of M3 seats.

anandoc
07-13-2016, 09:13 AM
Can't say enough good things about the comfort/performance upgrade of M3 seats.

Agreed! I have been eyeing the M3 seats for a while...fell in love with them when I checked out slater's car. But they go for like $1000 a set here in Canada :(

BMWCurves
07-13-2016, 09:28 AM
Agreed! I have been eyeing the M3 seats for a while...fell in love with them when I checked out slater's car. But they go for like $1000 a set here in Canada :(

That sucks. That's way too much just for these seats. But they are damned comfortable.

slater
07-13-2016, 09:37 AM

i might have a set available for you for $700 - and i know how to put them in sedans. :)

peter

san
07-13-2016, 09:53 AM
I have NB colored seats on my coupe, don't think m3 came in those colors... I sometimes think of having the front black seats from m3 and see how it looks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWCurves
07-13-2016, 10:41 AM
I have NB colored seats on my coupe, don't think m3 came in those colors... I sometimes think of having the front black seats from m3 and see how it looks lol

I'm 95% sure the M3 didn't have Natural Brown, but they had something similar with cinnamon:

http://i.imgur.com/QTXHZJh.jpg

san
07-13-2016, 11:00 AM
I'm 95% sure the M3 didn't have Natural Brown, but they had something similar with cinnamon:

http://i.imgur.com/QTXHZJh.jpg

Ya I've seen that, I prefer NB over cinnamon... And I don't think il do a full interior swap... So guess No m3 seats for me unless I can convince myself to live with black front m3 seats and everything else being NB...

Cadeez
07-13-2016, 11:01 AM
:drool

az3579
07-13-2016, 11:57 AM
Ya I've seen that, I prefer NB over cinnamon... And I don't think il do a full interior swap... So guess No m3 seats for me unless I can convince myself to live with black front m3 seats and everything else being NB...

NB or bust...
I didn't find much of a difference between the standard seats and the M3 ones with regards to comfort, to be honest. My standard sport seats are very comfortable to me. The M3 ones are more supportive from a bolstering perspective, but that's pretty much it.

san
07-13-2016, 12:11 PM
NB or bust...
I didn't find much of a difference between the standard seats and the M3 ones with regards to comfort, to be honest. My standard sport seats are very comfortable to me. The M3 ones are more supportive from a bolstering perspective, but that's pretty much it.

I've never sat in an m3 but I agree with you, I have no complaints with the Zhp seats so far and I drive about 5ish hours continuously with out breaks pretty much every other weekend...

slater
07-13-2016, 12:14 PM

i find the nappa leather to be more supple, which translates into more comfort. i also find the M3 seats to be more supportive ergonomically; which translates into more long-range comfort. i am often in the seat for 6hrs at a time.

also, the optional adjustable kidney bolsters (and lumbar) turn them into an entirely different seat - you have a lot more adjustment, and it becomes very 'dual-nature' - expand the bolsters for comfort driving, bring them in for aggressive driving. personally, i like them adjusted inward most of the time. :)

anandoc
07-13-2016, 02:30 PM
i might have a set available for you for $700 - and i know how to put them in sedans. :)

peter

Awesome. Standing by for incoming PM/email. :)

az3579
07-13-2016, 05:41 PM
Awesome. Standing by for incoming PM/email. :)
Sounds like a deal in the making. :thumbsup

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

GDMChRiZ
07-14-2016, 01:43 PM
Hmmm, these look tempting for the ZHP Touring Wagon project....:)

ventura_328Ci
07-14-2016, 09:55 PM

If you ever do want to install black front M3 seats in your car, I would gladly trade you the fronts out of my M3 with 98k miles. Full power, lumbar, adjustable side bolsters, and heated. I've been looking for a clean set of Natural Brown coupe front seats for my ZHP. :thumbsup

san
07-15-2016, 03:25 AM
If you ever do want to install black front M3 seats in your car, I would gladly trade you the fronts out of my M3 with 98k miles. Full power, lumbar, adjustable side bolsters, and heated. I've been looking for a clean set of Natural Brown coupe front seats for my ZHP. :thumbsup

I think I like my NB interior too much to mess with it [emoji4]
Thanks for the offer though!