PDA

View Full Version : Question about LCM 3.6

C00KIE M0NSTER
06-09-2016, 11:44 AM
I have a 2004 ZHP coupe with LCM software version 3.6. My car came with xenons and rain sensor. My question is...is my LCM worth anything? More than $10? Would anyone want it? Thanks!!

anandoc
06-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Yup, the software on these can be upgraded (Terra does it) to include rear fogs, triple blink etc. You can see it as is for cheap or upgrade the software and sell it for a lot more. Look here and on e46f for the going prices...

BMWCurves
06-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Hmmm...what all does an upgraded LCM do for a coupe? Just the triple blink?

Vas
06-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Hmmm...what all does an upgraded LCM do for a coupe? Just the triple blink?

That alone is worth it.

C00KIE M0NSTER
06-09-2016, 01:41 PM
$75 seem like a fair price?

BMWCurves
06-09-2016, 02:52 PM
That alone is worth it.

Eh, I rarely find myself doing anything that requires less than five blinks. I go out of my way to use my blinkers to clearly show what I plan to do, and triple blink falls short of that. To each their own.

Anything else on a coupe?

sillieidiot
06-09-2016, 03:39 PM
$75 is fine. that's about how much I've sold previous LCMs for. They all seem to be around that price, it doesn't matter the year or anything. Just the functions that is coded on it (which doesn't matter anyways).

terraphantm
06-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Eh, I rarely find myself doing anything that requires less than five blinks. I go out of my way to use my blinkers to clearly show what I plan to do, and triple blink falls short of that. To each their own.

Anything else on a coupe?

It *can* be configured to do upto 7 blinks with a single tap. Though most manufacturers seem to have settled on 3. I just double tap it if I want 6

Other features...
City lights (which US cars don't have) can be configured to work as DRLs. When I had angel eyes, I wired them to the city light pins and used them in that manner
Taillights can be configured to be on when DRLs (whatever style you use) are enabled
Flash to pass can be set to bixenon even when the headlights are off

Those are the only things unique to 4.0/4.5 as far as I'm aware. Still supports all the features that previous generation LCMs supported of course.

I've never paid more than $40-50 for a 3.6 LCM on eBay.

C00KIE M0NSTER
06-09-2016, 10:48 PM
I will be selling my unit for $55 shipped if anyone would like it. Cheapest unit on eBay currently is $86 shipped.

anandoc
06-10-2016, 04:12 AM
City lights (which US cars don't have) can be configured to work as DRLs. When I had angel eyes, I wired them to the city light pins and used them in that manner

Terra, is this documented anywhere? I would like to wire up my angel eyes to these pins.

terraphantm
06-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Terra, is this documented anywhere? I would like to wire up my angel eyes to these pins.

I didn't make a writeup or anything. I didn't really like angel eyes in person (despite looking pretty cool in pictures) so I got rid of them pretty quickly.

But basically if I remember correctly, I just attached the +12v to the appropriate pins (LEDs take a decent bit less power than normal bulbs, so I wasn't concerned about overloading the LCM... though I never actually did measure the current draw). Right side to pin 44, and left side to pin 45 on the LCM IIRC.

danewilson77
06-10-2016, 03:48 PM
I thought BP had city lights. Chime in Botond.

S7 Edge, out

az3579
06-11-2016, 06:49 AM
I thought BP had city lights. Chime in Botond.

S7 Edge, out

I do, but I have mine hooked up to an angel eye harness. I like the fade in/out of the lights when I lock and unlock my car. I may still entertain wiring them up to the LCM, if I could get over that fading feature. :)

https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5556/14850979830_8616eedb50_k.jpg

https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7751/26778352866_c8bb557871_k.jpg

anandoc
06-11-2016, 07:03 AM
I didn't make a writeup or anything. I didn't really like angel eyes in person (despite looking pretty cool in pictures) so I got rid of them pretty quickly.

But basically if I remember correctly, I just attached the +12v to the appropriate pins (LEDs take a decent bit less power than normal bulbs, so I wasn't concerned about overloading the LCM... though I never actually did measure the current draw). Right side to pin 44, and left side to pin 45 on the LCM IIRC.

Thanks Terra. It would be pretty cool to have OEM like wiring hook-up for the angel eyes.

I do, but I have mine hooked up to an angel eye harness. I like the fade in/out of the lights when I lock and unlock my car. I may still entertain wiring them up to the LCM, if I could get over that fading feature. :)

BP, if you are using a angel eye harness you are most probably getting the fade-in/out functionality from the cabin lights. I have my angel eye harness hooked up the same way. When I unlock or lock the car I get the fade-in/out functionality from the cabin lights (harness splices into the footwell light on the passenger side). The cabin lights circuit powers the angel eyes in this case.

The other 'trigger' wire splices into a yellow/red wire in the DME box which stays 'hot' anytime the engine is running. This 'trigger' wire connects to a relay in the angel eye harness and the relay is connected directly to the 12V battery connectors in the drug bin which powers the angel eyes. I do not like this trigger wire splicing into a wire in the DME box and would like to tap into the city light pins in the LCM instead. Even if you end up doing this, you wont loose the fade-in/out feature because that would still be controlled by the cabin lights.

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread :)

az3579
06-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Thanks Terra. It would be pretty cool to have OEM like wiring hook-up for the angel eyes.

BP, if you are using a angel eye harness you are most probably getting the fade-in/out functionality from the cabin lights. I have my angel eye harness hooked up the same way. When I unlock or lock the car I get the fade-in/out functionality from the cabin lights (harness splices into the footwell light on the passenger side). The cabin lights circuit powers the angel eyes in this case.

The other 'trigger' wire splices into a yellow/red wire in the DME box which stays 'hot' anytime the engine is running. This 'trigger' wire connects to a relay in the angel eye harness and the relay is connected directly to the 12V battery connectors in the drug bin which powers the angel eyes. I do not like this trigger wire splicing into a wire in the DME box and would like to tap into the city light pins in the LCM instead. Even if you end up doing this, you wont loose the fade-in/out feature because that would still be controlled by the cabin lights.

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread :)
Yep, I know... which is why I said what I said. :)

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk