PDA

View Full Version : 2004 330i ZHP Sedan 6MT w/ 58k miles (Chicago, Illinois) - $19,999

SCA
05-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Found on craigslist Titanium Silver over Black leather. Vehicle has cold weather package

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5564488201.html

Vas
05-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Low miles with a high price.

BMWCurves
05-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Too rich for my taste, but I like the miles.

Copacabana
05-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Awesome beautiful car. The problem with pricing like this is you go out and total it, you're underwater a lot of money. Like maybe ten grand.

SCA
05-02-2016, 01:46 AM
Too rich for my taste, but I like the miles.

I agree... A twinkie to this car sold this past weekend with identical mileage in Philadelphia for $11k.

az3579
05-02-2016, 03:47 AM
"No hurry to sell"
That car is in sweet condition, but at some point of seeing prices like this you have to just say "good thing you're in no hurry".

Would be a great buy for someone if the seller was more reasonable on pricing. At least accept offers...

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

dandandk
05-02-2016, 05:17 AM
Awesome beautiful car. The problem with pricing like this is you go out and total it, you're underwater a lot of money. Like maybe ten grand.

Exactly!!! a year ago i paid top dollar for a low mileage enthusiast car (not a bimmer) and a couple of weeks ago the vehicle was ruled total loss after a tree fell off on the roof. i ve been trying to fight the insurance company and their market value calculations, but so far with not much success.

Lesson learned, at least for daily drivers, i will not overpay just to grab a low mileage car. if you want a garage queen, then i suppose that s different approach.

NYRhockey
05-02-2016, 05:22 AM
Nice car, but the price is ridiculous.

NoVAphotog
05-02-2016, 05:36 AM
This is of those that makes you feel that at least the guy is trying. It'll sit on market for a bit and then he'll lower the price or negotiate with someone.

But. At least he's trying to bring some value for our cars. Tired of us all whoopin and hollering when we see the people who list cars like this for blue book of 6k and then complain our cars are losing value and will be worthless in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

az3579
05-02-2016, 06:09 AM
But. At least he's trying to bring some value for our cars. Tired of us all whoopin and hollering when we see the people who list cars like this for blue book of 6k and then complain our cars are losing value and will be worthless in a few years.

You can't escape the truth. Our cars aren't special with value - it's just how it is.

slater
05-02-2016, 06:38 AM
Nice car, but the price is ridiculous.

EAG would price this car around $20K. high, yes - but how much would you be willing to pay?

if this is a time capsule car - meaning, you're getting a clean, low-wear, low-mile ZHP - i think it's worth a premium price, to an enthusiast, because you just can't buy a car this 'analog' anymore.

i'd pay $14K for it. and get an agreed-value insurance policy.

NoVAphotog
05-02-2016, 06:40 AM
You can't escape the truth. Our cars aren't special with value - it's just how it is.

When I drive my ZHP...the Matrix is telling my brain that it is a special car and it is worth more than other E46s...and you what I think...ignorance is bliss...

slater
05-02-2016, 06:45 AM
When I drive my ZHP...the Matrix is telling my brain that it is a special car and it is worth more than other E46s...and you what I think...ignorance is bliss...

LOL!!! well put, man...

chacend
05-02-2016, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=NoVAphotog;487956]When I drive my ZHP...the Matrix is telling my brain that it is a special car and it is worth more than other E46s...and you what I think...ignorance is bliss...QUOTE]

Unfortunately, then I go to the bank for a loan and my ignorance is just ignorance...no bliss:crying

NYRhockey
05-02-2016, 10:19 AM
EAG would price this car around $20K. high, yes - but how much would you be willing to pay?

if this is a time capsule car - meaning, you're getting a clean, low-wear, low-mile ZHP - i think it's worth a premium price, to an enthusiast, because you just can't buy a car this 'analog' anymore.

i'd pay $14K for it. and get an agreed-value insurance policy.

Agree this is what EAG would price it at, but if you buy from EAG you know you're getting a mint condition car while this is a private seller. Yes, i understand you'd do a PPI and all that fun stuff, but EAG is EAG and that's why they ask for and get premiums for their cars.

I'm also in the $14-15K range i'd be willing to pay and even then it's a stretch. I think at this point you're getting into "diminishing returns" when paying such a premium for a car because it's low mileage. About 15mths ago I paid $10K for my zhp w/ 73K on it and a clean ppi. Would 15K miles have been worth double the price to me, even if this is in better overall shape than mine? not at all. I have seen other sub-100K samples come around at a much lower price than this so i'd rather have one of those other cars than this at that price.