PDA

View Full Version : Photo Assistance/favor - ZHP front bumper/undertrays/wheel well liners

ChristopherL
04-09-2016, 07:57 AM
Group,

When I bought my car the passenger lower fender liner/bumper undertray was partially broken.
I'd like to replace it, but there are no clips/fasteners, etc. along the bumper where the under panel mounts.
If someone happens to be under their car this weekend and wouldn't mind taking a photo of how that panel attaches, I would be very appreciative!

For reference, I am referring to item #8 in this diagram:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=EV53-USA-08-2004-E46-BMW-330i&diagId=51_3278

Thank you!
-Chris

ELCID86
04-09-2016, 08:39 AM
I've replaced 1 and 8. Pretty sure it's a few screws into the fender. It also attaches down to the lower plastic bits iirc. Sorry can't accommodate pics at present.

slater
04-09-2016, 08:49 AM
what is #9 in that diagram? i've been thinking about some sort of electronic flapper for the brake ducts, as when it rains my brakes take a few stomps to dry out. would be cool to have it activate with the windshield wipers! :)

ELCID86
04-09-2016, 08:55 AM
<Thread jack>
I'm not sure if 9 is just an access panel or what. Could be used to get some airflow I 'spose. :dunno

</end>

ChristopherL
04-09-2016, 10:37 AM
I've replaced 1 and 8. Pretty sure it's a few screws into the fender. It also attaches down to the lower plastic bits iirc. Sorry can't accommodate pics at present.
A new #8 comes with the appropriate fasteners to attach it to #1.
However, I'm specifically a bit lost when it comes to where it shows #7 mounting the leading edge of #8.

what is #9 in that diagram? i've been thinking about some sort of electronic flapper for the brake ducts, as when it rains my brakes take a few stomps to dry out. would be cool to have it activate with the windshield wipers! :)

#9 is a snap in block off plate to close the brake duct off to the wheel well.
Not sure which European vehicles it was installed/option on.

Thanks,
-Chris