PDA

View Full Version : FYI: BAVSOUND

BADCLOWN
03-23-2016, 08:08 AM
They are having a clearance sale today on items that are open box, comes with standard 4 year warranty.

Dr Dynamite
03-23-2016, 08:11 AM
How is your sound system setup?
I have all stock, I want clearer highs and mids and just a little more bass

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

BADCLOWN
03-23-2016, 08:13 AM
I have the stg 1 speaker upgrade from them but not installed yet. I've heard the stg 1, with sound deadening improvements, and the sub install on the rear deck sounds crisp and nice

NorCalZman
03-23-2016, 08:14 AM
Hm I didnt see a clearance section. I just see a "package discount" for our cars that brings the whole price to around 450 (for the sedan)

BADCLOWN
03-23-2016, 08:16 AM
I got an email from them as a "previous customer" courtesy, alerting me to the deals ahead of time. I can post the link:

http://bavsoundclearance.com

Dual
03-23-2016, 08:26 AM
Thanks for this! I think they have made a sale.

Ssparrow
03-23-2016, 08:31 AM
I have the stage one and it's definitely an upgrade over stock. Plus my old speakers were blown. I am highly considering the ghost sub....

Edit: crap, looks like it's sold out

BMWCurves
03-23-2016, 08:35 AM
Faaaaack, this is on my wish list, but I don't want to spend the money... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoKwX5fLJ5E)

Dr Dynamite
03-23-2016, 09:18 AM
I have the stg 1 speaker upgrade from them but not installed yet. I've heard the stg 1, with sound deadening improvements, and the sub install on the rear deck sounds crisp and nice
Did u have to upgrade your electrical system?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

BADCLOWN
03-23-2016, 09:24 AM
Their systems, at least the stg 1, are Plug and play. I won't be upgrading it, just doing dynamat

FungShui
03-23-2016, 09:28 AM
Sold out of Stage 1 E46 coupe with HK speakers.

Dual
03-23-2016, 09:30 AM
I won't be upgrading it, just doing dynamatDo you think there's anything particularly compelling about the Dynamat brand as compared to, say Noico 80mil on Amazon? Dynamat seems very pricey for what it is.

Dual
03-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Oh, sorry: that would be me, I'd guess.

BADCLOWN
03-23-2016, 09:34 AM
I don't have any experience with anything else honestly, always open to suggestions. I won't do the audio install until summer. Too many other things awaiting install

BMWCurves
03-23-2016, 09:35 AM

Saves me the trouble :)

ecrabb
03-23-2016, 12:29 PM
Oh, sorry: that would be me, I'd guess.

Whew! My bank account thanks you. :)

SC

ELCID86
03-23-2016, 12:37 PM

Unlike. No sedans either

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

NickZHP
03-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Is the stage one really worth it over the HK system?

ELCID86
03-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Is the stage one really worth it over the HK system?

It is an improvement over our old paper speakers. Worth it is subjective.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Dual
03-23-2016, 02:03 PM
Hopefully Badclown and I can provide some input on this later on in the year. I completely agree with Bavsound's own assessment of the HK audio: I can't find it online right now but as I recall they characterized the sound as hyped and peaky. Hoping for happiness.

BMWCurves
03-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Let us know what you think. I've been interested, and $400 for the kit is decent compared to their normal $500.

ELCID86
03-23-2016, 05:34 PM
Hopefully Badclown and I can provide some input on this later on in the year. I completely agree with Bavsound's own assessment of the HK audio: I can't find it online right now but as I recall they characterized the sound as hyped and peaky. Hoping for happiness.

My son likes his a lot.

---

johnrando
03-24-2016, 04:35 PM
At those prices, very likely. As said, the Stage is definitely an upgrade, with a very crisp sound
Add a sub and you're set. And, it's plug and play. But, if you want to do the research and put together you own system (and maybe cut panels) you can get more bang for the buck. I liked the ease of the bsw, definitely worth it to me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sockethead
03-25-2016, 06:08 AM
I've had the stage one for about 5 years now. Once the speakers are broken in they sound great. They are a direct fit but if I remember right, the little speaker in the middle of the front door (sedan) will need some modification. I used a hot glue gun to keep them in place. You keep the original connectors on the OEM wiring harness but some of the speakers, the mid bass in the from doors, will use standard crimped blade connectors to connect to the harness.

At certain low frequencies, the harmonics make the front door cards vibrate like a blown speaker. I was experiencing this even before I installed the stage 1. This is why I recommend covering every inch of the door panel with sound deadener that you can. Also, make sure all of the clips that hold the door card on are in good shape... If you want to test this, I remember Maroon Five's song "she will be loved" was popular at the time and there is one bass note in there that really makes the doors vibrate...

The BMW speakers use a unique mounting pattern but you can get adapters to use standard speakers without modifying anything if you choose to go that route...

johnrando
03-25-2016, 07:33 AM
I experience none of that door card rattle and I did not add any dampening. I also did not have to do any modifications/glue gun work for fitment. Interesting.

az3579
03-25-2016, 07:58 AM
If you want to test this, I remember Maroon Five's song "she will be loved" was popular at the time and there is one bass note in there that really makes the doors vibrate...

lol
I use Pink Floyd's "Sorrow", as performed by the Australian Pink Floyd group... That one always crackle/rattles my speakers!

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

Sockethead
03-25-2016, 09:29 AM
Yea I know BP... Go ahead and laugh:)
That song was on all the time and It's the only one that I remember annoying the hell out of me with the speaker system

johnrando
03-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Still, impressive that you would admit that. :biggrin

ELCID86
03-25-2016, 10:17 AM
The small door speakers (at least on sedans ) come with glue now. It's a bit tricky to get them apart and the glue needs to set for a while delaying install.

---

TomTomTuning
04-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Does BAVSOUND (BSW) still offer the ghost trunk subwoofer for the sedans? I can't seem to find it on their site anymore.

ELCID86
04-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Does BAVSOUND (BSW) still offer the ghost trunk subwoofer for the sedans? I can't seem to find it on their site anymore.

Weird. Maybe they dropped it. I saw it there not too long ago.

None here either. https://bavsoundclearance.com/