PDA

View Full Version : Vent issues w/ climate control

Wardie
03-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Hello!

I'm having issues with my climate control... At least I think so.

Let's say the car is 40 degrees inside the cabin. I turn the climate control to 75. Car is fully warmed up. I will still get cold/cool air from the all the dash vents. Although the floor vents will be blasting much hotter air.

The center vent has the manual override for heat or cool air. If I move it full hot it gets hot and same for cold. If left in the center it stays cold.

I've replaced the resistor behind the dash. What else could cause this? Gets pretty frustrating.

Any insight? Anything I should test/eliminate?

Thanks.

az3579
03-01-2016, 01:54 PM
If you're using Auto, this is by design. It will blow varying temperatures from different areas to maintain the set temperature. Don't worry about it, the car will warm up.

Wardie
03-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Figured, but wasn't 100% sure. I figured alittle hot would blow at least.

Thanks for the reply.

az3579
03-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Figured, but wasn't 100% sure. I figured alittle hot would blow at least.

Thanks for the reply.

Usually those vents blow cooler air even when my car is up to temp, but the temperature they blow really is dependent on what you have the selector dial on. The dial is how you fine tune the actual temperature if you need it slightly cooler or warmer.

I haven't changed the temperature on my HVAC for a very very long time; I adjust temp by the dial and it works perfectly.

ELCID86
03-02-2016, 02:19 PM
I Roll the dots to 2 or 3 red in order to avoid that ...

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous