PDA

View Full Version : New Control Arms question

BumpinAlpine
02-24-2016, 01:26 PM
Has anyone had experience with these control arms from oembimmerparts

https://www.oembimmerparts.com/BMW-Front-Control-Arm-ZHP-OEM-p/31122282121-122zhpoem.htm

Wondering if these are as good as the original BMW M sport control arms. The price is great.

egiles14
02-24-2016, 01:43 PM
Lemforder is the OE supplier to BMW for their control arms and related components. So, you are basically getting the factory original control arms, but they are less expensive since they won't have the BMW emblem on them..plus they won't have the dealer markup.

az3579
02-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Lemforder is the OE supplier to BMW for their control arms and related components. So, you are basically getting the factory original control arms, but they are less expensive since they won't have the BMW emblem on them..plus they won't have the dealer markup.
This. And if you buy them from FCP, you'll get a lifetime warranty on them, which is better than the dealer's 2 year warranty.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

Aeternalis
02-24-2016, 02:39 PM
This. And if you buy them from FCP, you'll get a lifetime warranty on them, which is better than the dealer's 2 year warranty.
I am so glad I ordered all my suspension stuff from them recently. Highly recommended. It's really hard to beat $9.99 for UPS ground shipping for a complete set of front & rear suspension parts.

egiles14
02-24-2016, 02:40 PM

+1 on that also...I was going to mention fcpeuro.com and their lifetime warranty. If you use the discount code they provide for $10 off an order $199 and up, you will pay less than $10 more than from oembimmerparts.com...which I feel is worth it for the lifetime warranty.

I am not affiliated with fcpeuro.com, but they have been my go-to place for parts during the last month for my car. My second most used place for ordering parts? Amazon.com believe it or not. I find you can get the same OEM parts for about the same price, but get them quicker using Prime if available.

BumpinAlpine
02-24-2016, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up on fcpeuro.com forgot to check there. I am too a fan of their work, but failed to notice/read up on their lifetime warranty.

Scott ZHP
02-27-2016, 05:52 AM
Has anyone actually tried to use FCP's "lifetime warranty" on wear items like control arms? You know, filed a warranty claim after 60k miles and actually received a new set of control arms? Can't imagine how that business model would work.

Anyone?

stephenkirsh
03-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Has anyone actually tried to use FCP's "lifetime warranty" on wear items like control arms? You know, filed a warranty claim after 60k miles and actually received a new set of control arms? Can't imagine how that business model would work.

Anyone?

Yea it doesn't make sense to me too. In for info!

BMWCurves
03-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Yea it doesn't make sense to me too. In for info!

I haven't but will when I try replacing my wipers I bought through them.

Aeternalis
03-10-2016, 09:23 AM
https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

Right from their site. Seems pretty straightforward. I guess I'll see how it goes when it's time to do the suspension again in a few years. :)

ecrabb
03-10-2016, 12:11 PM

I can totally see how it would work. Subtract the parts that don't fail, subtract the customers who don't even keep a car long enough to try to collect, subtract the customers who don't even remember four years later where they got the parts, then subtract again for the people who are too lazy to bother even trying get parts replaced or who don't even remember they HAVE lifetime parts warranty to collect on, and imagine just how few people are left actually taking advantage of the lifetime warranty. It's just like rebates, and that business model sure works!

SC

ELCID86
03-10-2016, 01:23 PM
+1

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Scott ZHP
03-14-2016, 03:14 AM
I can totally see how it would work. Subtract the parts that don't fail, subtract the customers who don't even keep a car long enough to try to collect, subtract the customers who don't even remember four years later where they got the parts, then subtract again for the people who are too lazy to bother even trying get parts replaced or who don't even remember they HAVE lifetime parts warranty to collect on, and imagine just how few people are left actually taking advantage of the lifetime warranty. It's just like rebates, and that business model sure works!

SC

I guess I can see this.

I've seen a bunch of people specifically saying they are using FCPEuro for high $ stuff just because of the warranty though. These guys are unlikely to forget/not follow up, lol.

az3579
03-14-2016, 04:00 AM
I guess I can see this.

I've seen a bunch of people specifically saying they are using FCPEuro for high $ stuff just because of the warranty though. These guys are unlikely to forget/not follow up, lol.
That's me. I don't forget the amount of money I spend on expensive items so I'll be damned sure to use the warranty when I need it. :)