PDA

View Full Version : 06 325 Light Control Module available

Technoman
01-11-2016, 08:54 AM
I have an LCM from an early 06 325 that had auto BiXenon and Rain Sensor etc. SW version is 4.0. Can post pictures this evening. If my understanding is correct you can enable tri-blink and other cool functions with this LCM.

Asking what I paid for it which was $150 shipped in the US.

Thanks in advance..

Vas
01-11-2016, 09:19 AM
If the software is 4.0 or 4.5, you can enable some features like triple blink.

Post a pic of the label and the LCM when you can but this is a great price.

Technoman
01-11-2016, 06:20 PM
It is version 4.0 which is good for all the cool features like triple blink, stage brake lights etc. as far as I know. I think its a good price, I just personally decided to live without triple blink, I have been putting more time into my E30 and my racing lately and have a couple of months of projects stacked up so wont get to this.

Here are a couple of pics:

terraphantm
01-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Keep in mind that even though this is from a xenon car, auto leveling won't work on sedans on M3s (facelift coupes do things differently). Should be perfect for a facelift coupe or any E46 with halogens.

Johnmadd
01-11-2016, 06:40 PM
It is version 4.0 which is good for all the cool features like triple blink, stage brake lights etc. as far as I know. I think its a good price, I just personally decided to live without triple blink, I have been putting more time into my E30 and my racing lately and have a couple of months of projects stacked up so wont get to this.

Here are a couple of pics:

Link to the e30 thread?

Technoman
01-12-2016, 04:36 AM
Link to the e30 thread?

Uhh guilty, I don't have one. Maybe I should create one....

ELCID86
01-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Uhh guilty, I don't have one. Maybe I should create one....

Yes. And GLWS. Great features lie within this little box.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

Technoman
01-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Yes. And GLWS. Great features lie within this little box.

Soon as I get time I'll put something together, just finished installing an E46 steering rack (yes, a yellow label rack out of a ZHP no less :) ) into the E30. Night and day difference and totally changes the feel of the car. Going from 4.0 LTL to 3.0LTL is HUGE!!

Surprised nobody has snagged this LCM up, would prefer to sell it to a fellow Mafia member but will cast my net wider in a few days if there are no nibbles..

Technoman
01-16-2016, 06:52 AM
Bumpity..

Technoman
01-26-2016, 04:34 AM
bump...

Snuffalufigus
01-26-2016, 09:35 AM
I am interested :) But I don't have the software to do the coding....

ELCID86
01-26-2016, 09:38 AM
Someone can code it for you and then you can do stall it.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

Technoman
01-27-2016, 07:20 PM

I still have it, I have been a bit lazy getting it posted anywhere else. I am amazed to be honest this hasn't sold yet at this price.

I don't think it would be too hard to get this coded. Maybe someone on here does it for a small fee?

Technoman
02-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Bump. Price I believe is reasonable, does nobody with a coupe need this for real??

BMWCurves
02-09-2016, 10:21 AM
I forget, what all can this module do once coded? And how many of them can be done for a coupe vs. a sedan?

Technoman
02-09-2016, 11:53 AM
I forget, what all can this module do once coded? And how many of them can be done for a coupe vs. a sedan?

No functional differences that I am aware of except the auto level sedan functions. This one came from a car with auto xenons and rain sensor. You can get triple blink, progressive brake lights etc etc with this LCM in a coupe.

BMWCurves
02-09-2016, 12:46 PM
No functional differences that I am aware of except the auto level sedan functions. This one came from a car with auto xenons and rain sensor. You can get triple blink, progressive brake lights etc etc with this LCM in a coupe.

Those are the features I meant. Any others (apart from triple blink, progressive brake lights)? And how do progressive brake lights work for coupes, since there are only one block of brake lights on the tail lights and then the one above the trunk? Just curious.

Vas
02-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Triple blink alone is worth it

Technoman
02-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Here is a demo of the progressive brake lights in action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3z91w39cuM

jonnyd330
02-10-2016, 11:12 AM
I might be interested, how hard is the install? What do I need to remove to get at this?

I have an 05 ZHP coupe with rain sensor wipers and auto level xenons so will it work with my car?

az3579
02-10-2016, 06:27 PM
Here is a demo of the progressive brake lights in action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3z91w39cuM
Actually that is a feature that can be coded on most of our E46's... You don't need a 4.0+ LCM to code that. That is why I demonstrated in the video that it can be done.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

Technoman
02-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Actually that is a feature that can be coded on most of our E46's... You don't need a 4.0+ LCM to code that. That is why I demonstrated in the video that it can be done.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

I live and learn, wasn't aware.

Anyway, bump it up, worth the price of admission for triple blink IMHO...

ELCID86
02-14-2016, 04:10 PM
I might be interested, how hard is the install? What do I need to remove to get at this?

I have an 05 ZHP coupe with rain sensor wipers and auto level xenons so will it work with my car?

LCM install is pretty straight forward. Non-marring pry tool and Philips head, then remove one wire bundle connection.

---

az3579
02-14-2016, 06:37 PM
I still have it, I have been a bit lazy getting it posted anywhere else. I am amazed to be honest this hasn't sold yet at this price.

I don't think it would be too hard to get this coded. Maybe someone on here does it for a small fee?

Someone can code it for you and then you can do stall it.

---

I can code the module for VIN and mileage. Remember, if you don't do that, you will get a mileage tamper dot illuminated on your cluster.

Snuffalufigus
02-14-2016, 06:43 PM
I can code the module for VIN and mileage. Remember, if you don't do that, you will get a mileage tamper dot illuminated on your cluster.

Ok I'm in. How much are you charging to code it for me? I would love the triple blink and progressive brake lights. I have an 05 coupe. Also, what are all the extra features other than triple blink and brake lights that you can code? Just curious :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technoman
02-15-2016, 06:58 AM
Ok I'm in. How much are you charging to code it for me? I would love the triple blink and progressive brake lights. I have an 05 coupe. Also, what are all the extra features other than triple blink and brake lights that you can code? Just curious :)

az3579 isn't the seller but its possible he 'may' be willing to code the unit for you after you buy it from me, or I could even send it to az3579 directly if he is willing to do that?

Let me know, the LCM is still available.

az3579
02-15-2016, 07:53 AM

az3579 isn't the seller but its possible he 'may' be willing to code the unit for you after you buy it from me, or I could even send it to az3579 directly if he is willing to do that?

Let me know, the LCM is still available.

Correct, I'm not the seller. Traditionally I haven't charged anyone on the forum a dime for coding so I don't see why that should change now.
I can provide a list of stuff - PM me your email address and I'll send you my spreadsheet. The only thing I ask is you pay the shipping from me to you.

Snuffalufigus
02-15-2016, 10:04 AM
Correct, I'm not the seller. Traditionally I haven't charged anyone on the forum a dime for coding so I don't see why that should change now.
I can provide a list of stuff - PM me your email address and I'll send you my spreadsheet. The only thing I ask is you pay the shipping from me to you.

PMd you

Technoman
02-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Bump for a real old thread, forgot I still had this :)