PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know This Car?

jcorbs
12-23-2015, 08:10 AM
Good Morning All:

I am new to the site and would appreciate any thoughts/knowledge that you may have.

I have put a deposit down on the car and plan to take delivery on Saturday, but thought that it would be prudent to see if any of you were aware of any nasties in its background?

It has a clean Carfax and appears to have spent most of its life in FL.

http://www.smartchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/used-2005-BMW-330i-Sedan-Madison-NC/2664576193

Thank you

John Corbs

NYRhockey
12-23-2015, 09:21 AM
That car looks really nice/clean. @ $12K it'd be a good price given it's an '05 and 90K on it.....have you taken it to get a PPI? will only run you a couple hundo's and well worth it.

danewilson77
12-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Woot!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

ryankokesh
12-23-2015, 09:53 AM
Woot!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I normally save this for special occasions, but...

Woot, woot.

Yes, the elusive double woot. Love the color. Looks great.

But yeah, PPI it if you want to be safe.

jcorbs
12-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Awesome. Thanks Guys. I will take the time to properly introduce myself when its safely in the garage :)

jcorbs
12-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Anyone know of a good shop in the Madison NC area that could do the PPI?

Thanks again

Vas
12-23-2015, 10:36 AM
Guess they could not sell it and the price was dropped. Car was listed for almost $15k at some point.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=22801&endYear=2005&modelCode1=330I&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=2003&makeCode1=BMW&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=%5BBMW%5B330I%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=416381510&Log=0

NYRhockey
12-23-2015, 11:41 AM
Anyone know of a good shop in the Madison NC area that could do the PPI?

Thanks again

When i did the PPI on my zhp i just sent it to the nearest BMW dealer. Otherwise you can check bimmershops.com for good indy shops

twentyniner
12-23-2015, 12:05 PM
I was also considering picking up that car. I ended up not going for it and found something else, also from NC !

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pip
12-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Are ZHPs still holding their value that well? Sold mine almost two years ago (2005 w/ 90k) for $12k.

ELCID86
12-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Welcome John. Grab it before EAG does... Get a PPI and someone here to check it out of you can.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46f member

jcorbs
12-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Thanks Shawn and Others! We have done the deed. I have always admired the ZHP. Two good friends each have one and won't part with them.

ELCID86
12-23-2015, 06:54 PM
So you got it?

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46f member

jcorbs
12-26-2015, 07:17 PM
So we went to pick it up today. Six hour drive! The good: Most of the paint looks very good, give or take the odd scratch and chip; upholstery in good condition, including drivers seat; engine compartment pristine; steering tight. The bad: Top and color coats flaking off the roof; overspray in the engine compartment and front bumper; A, B and C pillar covering loose and coming away. Rear bumper loose at rear wheels on both sides. Smell of hot if not burning wiring while driving, which I must admit dissipated after a while (no the heater was not on). Looks like "paint" chipping away from the console around the cup holders ???
Walked away. I wasn't prepared to pay top of market for a sub standard car. If anyone else considers it, I strongly recommend a competent PPI. It is about 30 min outside of Greensboro NC.
Back in the market for the real deal.

az3579
12-26-2015, 07:27 PM
Ouch. That respray for that section will cost some money. Too bad the car didn't check out.

sent from my Droid Turbo

ELCID86
12-27-2015, 05:19 AM
So we went to pick it up today. Six hour drive! The good: Most of the paint looks very good, give or take the odd scratch and chip; upholstery in good condition, including drivers seat; engine compartment pristine; steering tight. The bad: Top and color coats flaking off the roof; overspray in the engine compartment and front bumper; A, B and C pillar covering loose and coming away. Rear bumper loose at rear wheels on both sides. Smell of hot if not burning wiring while driving, which I must admit dissipated after a while (no the heater was not on). Looks like "paint" chipping away from the console around the cup holders ???
Walked away. I wasn't prepared to pay top of market for a sub standard car. If anyone else considers it, I strongly recommend a competent PPI. It is about 30 min outside of Greensboro NC.
Back in the market for the real deal.

Sounds like you made the right call. Sorry it didn't check out. Keep up the hunt!

---