PDA

View Full Version : WTB or Trade for: Natural Brown interior

ZHP_Brandon
12-14-2015, 11:37 AM
I find my self longing for a nicer interior, full black is nice but I want to switch it up
I've also considered purchasing Cinnamon or Imola Red M3 front seats, swapping rails and connecting them
Then reupholstering my back seat in Nappa Leather, and in the spring get the door panel inserts done - I got a quote on a full interior rewrap (Depending on the Door Card pricing) at around 1100$.

So I figured I'd push for OEM Sport Seats in Natural Brown + Door Cards

I have black interior to trade if your interior is MINT.

az3579
12-14-2015, 11:48 AM
Then reupholstering my back seat in Nappa Leather, and in the spring get the door panel inserts done - I got a quote on a full interior rewrap (Depending on the Door Card pricing) at around 1100$.

Wow, that is CHEAP.
You should jump on this option if you can get the whole interior done for $1100. I bought my NB interior for about that much, and they were used. A rewrap would get you brand new fresh leather, which is always better than used.

san
12-14-2015, 11:51 AM
GL! I'm assuming you have coupe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWCurves
12-14-2015, 11:55 AM
Good luck with your search! Do you have a sedan, coupe, or convertible?

ZHP_Brandon
12-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Good luck with your search! Do you have a sedan, coupe, or convertible?

GL! I'm assuming you have coupe?

I have an Imola Red Sedan! I love coupes and verts, but the sedan to me is the unsung hero of the E46's since a Sedan M3 was never an option from the factory.. unless you google JeppeJ lol

I want to have a PERFECT interior, so maybe the rewrap will be well worth all that money

BUT - since were on the topic how do you guys feel about Imola/Imola? My brother once owned an M3 with that combo from the factory and thats when I fell in love with the colors.

The seat swap is easy since all I have to do is swap the railings, the rest is plug-n-play!

Here's my brothers Imola/Imola M3 all done up, he had eventually done A LOT more to it before selling it last February to his auto detailer.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=455147

ZHP_Brandon
12-14-2015, 12:36 PM
Wow, that is CHEAP.
You should jump on this option if you can get the whole interior done for $1100. I bought my NB interior for about that much, and they were used. A rewrap would get you brand new fresh leather, which is always better than used.

No way! really? Im in love with the look of your car, I want to M3 mirrors but I can't find them and when I do there sold within a day.
I just want to have a reason to remove my tints next spring and have a great interior to show at ///MPact or Bimmerstock here in Glen Cove, NY.

az3579
12-14-2015, 02:15 PM
I just want to have a reason to remove my tints next spring and have a great interior to show at ///MPact or Bimmerstock here in Glen Cove, NY.

Interesting you say that because I put on Llumar AirBlue 80 tint to compliment my interior. It's super light so it still shows off the interior, but gives the window a very slight blue tint to it, so it enhances the look while providing the proper UV protection for the interior.

Let me know if you ever want to see it in person, since you're close. :thumbsup

sent from my Droid Turbo

BMWCurves
12-14-2015, 03:19 PM
If you want a pristine interior, I think the $1,100 rewrap is your best bet (if the upholsterer is good). These interiors are all ~10 years old and used. Plus you won't have to spend time looking or consider the hassle of shipping.

I'm not a huge fan of red on red interior. I think Natural Brown or a Cinnamon leather is a great look on Imola Red. But do what you think looks good.

ZHP_Brandon
12-14-2015, 04:35 PM
Interesting you say that because I put on Llumar AirBlue 80 tint to compliment my interior. It's super light so it still shows off the interior, but gives the window a very slight blue tint to it, so it enhances the look while providing the proper UV protection for the interior.

Let me know if you ever want to see it in person, since you're close. :thumbsup

sent from my Droid Turbo

I've heard good reviews of that tint from someone who owns a VW by me, Im not sure of the exact details but he did something similar and said that it provides UV protection with out sacrificing the hassle of cops for tints that are "too dark"

I would absolutely love to! I have family in Port Chester, CT so that would be awesome. I have a cousin who owns a 335 Sedan and still wishes he owned an Imola Red ZHP, so thats a notch on our belts that a car with less HP is still desirable to many yknow lol?

I don't visit often, but if it means seeing the fabrication of your mirrors and I'm sure awesome interior I'd go out there!

ZHP_Brandon
12-14-2015, 04:38 PM
If you want a pristine interior, I think the $1,100 rewrap is your best bet (if the upholsterer is good). These interiors are all ~10 years old and used. Plus you won't have to spend time looking or consider the hassle of shipping.

I'm not a huge fan of red on red interior. I think Natural Brown or a Cinnamon leather is a great look on Imola Red. But do what you think looks good.

I know, I would love to at least get the door cards from a car with Natural Brown, but Mentally I don't like the look of Cinnamon on imola
If my car was Alpine White I'd happily invest immediately, You guys totally are making me want to do this asap. If Only I could source some cheap M3 seats in decent condition, I reconditioned my brothers imola red seats before selling and they looked brand new.

I need to invest in a hot water extractor, before the first snow fall I want to remove my seats and shampoo the carpet and get to the vapor barriers in my doors so I can park it in a tent I'm purchasing this Christmas for my self, along with some ChemicalGuys Waterless car wash.

san
12-14-2015, 04:46 PM

+1

I vote for natural brown

az3579
12-14-2015, 07:49 PM
I don't visit often, but if it means seeing the fabrication of your mirrors and I'm sure awesome interior I'd go out there!

I'd rather come to you... it sucks here. lol

ELCID86
12-15-2015, 01:15 PM
I looked for a long time to find a complete interior for my son's Orient Blue car. Some knuckle head here beat me to one in PA by a matter of minutes :biggrin ...I bought door cards and rear seats from another member here and bought NB coupe seats from an e46f member. I have not installed the front seats yet as I still need to do the carpet, dash, and other tan trim parts and am intimidated by the dash (and a tad bit of a lazy procrastinator!) The re-wrap might be a good option if you know/trust the shop. One other option for front are these: http://www.autoberry.com/bmw/3-series/seat-covers-3-series , though I've never seen a review, etc. GL with your search.
:chillin

az3579
12-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Some knuckle head here beat me to one in PA by a matter of minutes :biggrin ...

I would say I'm sorry, but... I'd be lying. :biggrin
A few minutes; man that's close. I got supremely lucky being the first to see and react to that post.

The dash and carpet aren't too bad. If you want help, let me know and I'll help you with that.

ELCID86
12-15-2015, 01:33 PM
I would say I'm sorry, but... I'd be lying. :biggrin
A few minutes; man that's close. I got supremely lucky being the first to see and react to that post.

The dash and carpet aren't too bad. If you want help, let me know and I'll help you with that.

No hard feelings... :biggrin

I may take you up on that--in the Spring!

brettbimmer
12-15-2015, 06:47 PM
You boys and your Natural Brown obsessions...

Oh wait, that includes me. :shift

ELCID86
12-16-2015, 09:28 AM
^ put that thing back in the garage before it gets dirty. :drool

ZHP_Brandon
12-16-2015, 09:37 AM
I'd rather come to you... it sucks here. lol

Sure just let me know should you ever be coming into my area, I live on Long Island (like 30-40 minutes away from Manhattan with decent traffic)
It would be a nice drive with the weather these days, I can feel the pressure mounting since I know all the imperfections on my car lol

ZHP_Brandon
12-16-2015, 09:40 AM
I looked for a long time to find a complete interior for my son's Orient Blue car. Some knuckle head here beat me to one in PA by a matter of minutes :biggrin ...I bought door cards and rear seats from another member here and bought NB coupe seats from an e46f member. I have not installed the front seats yet as I still need to do the carpet, dash, and other tan trim parts and am intimidated by the dash (and a tad bit of a lazy procrastinator!) The re-wrap might be a good option if you know/trust the shop. One other option for front are these: http://www.autoberry.com/bmw/3-series/seat-covers-3-series , though I've never seen a review, etc. GL with your search.
:chillin

Thank you! Ive seen these and it looks kindve cool, the carpet and dash are actually so easy to remove its scary, with the seats removed it took me and my brother all of 45 minutes to remove the dash and carpet (simultaneously) and documenting what nuts and bolts went where.

Take him up on the offer, trust me! It's a fun change, I gave my brother my full black sport interior with heated seats and interior ZHP trim for his S54 sedan, he went from Beige to black in less than 3 days, just the ABC Pillars and headliner are left to be done, its easy

ZHP_Brandon
12-16-2015, 09:42 AM

My GOD does that look gorgeous, okays so everyone its decided im doing Natural brown or Cinnamon, does anyone know how to start on poll on this forum, I'm 100% doing this lol
Thanks for the photo, and is that silver cubed? Ive always wanted silver cubed but black cubed is reminiscent of Carbon Fiber so its just perfect lol

ZHP_Brandon
12-16-2015, 09:45 AM
+1

I vote for natural brown

You make me miss my black ZHP more and more everytime, Ive had 2 sedans but Black Sapphire Metallic really is such an under rated color.

ELCID86
12-16-2015, 09:54 AM
Thank you! Ive seen these and it looks kindve cool, the carpet and dash are actually so easy to remove its scary, with the seats removed it took me and my brother all of 45 minutes to remove the dash and carpet (simultaneously) and documenting what nuts and bolts went where.

Take him up on the offer, trust me! It's a fun change, I gave my brother my full black sport interior with heated seats and interior ZHP trim for his S54 sedan, he went from Beige to black in less than 3 days, just the ABC Pillars and headliner are left to be done, its easy
Thanks for the encouragement. And I don't even have to do the headliner as it's already black!

ELCID86
12-16-2015, 09:56 AM
My GOD does that look gorgeous, okays so everyone its decided im doing Natural brown or Cinnamon, does anyone know how to start on poll on this forum, I'm 100% doing this lol
Thanks for the photo, and is that silver cubed? Ive always wanted silver cubed but black cubed is reminiscent of Carbon Fiber so its just perfect lol

Start a new thread and at the bottom there is an option for a poll.

Vas
12-16-2015, 10:38 AM
but Black Sapphire Metallic really is such an under rated color.

Yeah it is. Especially when it is clean and you can see the metallic in the paint.

az3579
12-16-2015, 10:42 AM
Sure just let me know should you ever be coming into my area, I live on Long Island (like 30-40 minutes away from Manhattan with decent traffic)
It would be a nice drive with the weather these days, I can feel the pressure mounting since I know all the imperfections on my car lol

I'm never in the area, so we need to coordinate when it's good for both of us. Don't worry about imperfections... I know too much about those. My car is probably a 5/10 condition for aesthetics.

Well aren't you the lucky one... I have both silver and black cube sets of trim. I can bring the silver (black is currently installed) to show you what it looks like in person with the NB interior.

PM me so we could set up a day/time.

fredo
12-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Silver cube FTW. Ask me why !

danewilson77
12-16-2015, 05:26 PM

+1

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

brettbimmer
12-16-2015, 06:35 PM

Yes, Mafia member 1M Mike had the good taste to factory order it with silver cubes! It is a bit busy when you first get in, but after a bit it grows on ya quickly.

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone she is out! (Actually an old photo from the Starkives, so she is safely wrapped in her cover in the garage for the moment.)

I'm never in the area, so we need to coordinate when it's good for both of us. Don't worry about imperfections... I know too much about those. My car is probably a 5/10 condition for aesthetics.

Well aren't you the lucky one... I have both silver and black cube sets of trim. I can bring the silver (black is currently installed) to show you what it looks like in person with the NB interior.

BP you slacker! Where is your camera?!?! No such thing as too much NB!

+1

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Thanks!

ZHP_Brandon
12-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Yeah it is. Especially when it is clean and you can see the metallic in the paint.

I love Imola Red I do, but the subtle Black Sapphire was awesome.
I promised myself that I'll either buy a Black Sapphire Metallic ZHP, or Z3M in the distant future
Your car looks awesome by the way, far before I ever owned my Imola Red one I found you via Instagram I think? but this was when I owned my Auto ZHP lol

ZHP_Brandon
12-17-2015, 03:24 PM
Shhhh! Don't tell anyone she is out! (Actually an old photo from the Starkives, so she is safely wrapped in her cover in the garage for the moment.)

+1

Between Dane's impeccable alcantara interior, and the Natural Brown features, it's hard to even want M3 seats.. almost feel like I'm betraying the family, but they look so good in the Sedans lol :conversation

Vas
12-17-2015, 10:23 PM
I love Imola Red I do, but the subtle Black Sapphire was awesome.
I promised myself that I'll either buy a Black Sapphire Metallic ZHP, or Z3M in the distant future
Your car looks awesome by the way, far before I ever owned my Imola Red one I found you via Instagram I think? but this was when I owned my Auto ZHP lol
Well thanks.

Can't go wrong with imola or bsm. Or both lol