PDA

View Full Version : Yakima whispbar VS Thule aeroblade edge - what's best for ZHP?

mynamenumber
12-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Hi, just wondering if anyone has experience installing and living with either the Yakima whispbar or the Thule aeroblade edge. For the latter, I'm interested in either the integrated system type (pre-assembled) or also the feet + bar type.

These seem to look pretty good, and have good options, so I'm considering getting one of them over the BMW OEM version, which sits a lot taller and has it's own shape & size. My personal use will be mostly 2 bike hauling, but the occasional "weird big stuff" like plywood sheets, etc.

Thoughts?

TheFinanceGuy
12-10-2015, 04:54 AM
I personally like the aeroblade for no other reason than it looks neat. I don't see much difference between either of them and would probably chose based on price.

I went the OEM rack route as I wanted to use the OE rack mounts rather than clipping to the side but didn't want to spend $500. The OE racks I picked up from ECS tuning for $180 I believe.

The square type are loud. You can hear the wind noise for sure, but if you close the sunroof panel, the noise almost gone. It really doesn't bother me, just thought I would mention it.

Honestly, I think they are all good options, and I think it comes down to taste + price.

Seeing your post reminds me I want to get bars for the X5, so I can stop hauling stuff with the ZHP!

hcbeck2689
12-10-2015, 05:37 AM
Seeing your post reminds me I want to get bars for the X5, so I can stop hauling stuff with the ZHP!

Found these local to me.

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/pts/5344972496.html

-Holden

TheFinanceGuy
12-10-2015, 07:27 AM
Found these local to me.

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/pts/5344972496.html

-Holden

damn... that is cheap. I'm contacting him to see if he will ship.

hcbeck2689
12-10-2015, 09:24 AM
damn... that is cheap. I'm contacting him to see if he will ship.

Do you want me to contact and ship it to you? I could probably talk him down to $80

-Holden

hcbeck2689
12-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Do you want me to contact and ship it to you? I could probably talk him down to $80

-Holden

Edit: I would have buy it tonight or tomorrow morning because I am leaving town for Christmas tomorrow afternoon. I could ship it out Saturday.

-Holden