PDA

View Full Version : Start --> Goes to idle ---rev--> back to idle ---> really low idle --> clunk clunk clunk

Fried_Chicken
10-21-2015, 10:31 AM
So I noticed something really weird... When I start the car, it'll rev a bit high as it gets in shape, then it'll go to idle. If I then rev the engine and let it keep sitting, it'll go down to a really low idle followed by CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK.

It sounds like it's coming from below the car;

Oil level is fine.. I'm thinking maybe the DISA is acting up?
I don't notice anything while driving, only in this circumstance. This is with an MT in neutral.

wsmeyer
10-21-2015, 10:40 AM
If it gets low to the point of almost stalling you may be hearing the dual mass flywheel thrashing back and forth. Not sure without hearing it.

Fried_Chicken
10-21-2015, 11:31 AM
If it gets low to the point of almost stalling you may be hearing the dual mass flywheel thrashing back and forth. Not sure without hearing it.

This would make sense and goes with what I suspect is happening. Should I be concerned?

az3579
10-21-2015, 11:45 AM
I think you have a vacuum leak, or maybe your idle control valve needs some cleaning...

Dr Dynamite
10-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Is it a lightened flywheel? Or OE flywheel?

My flywheel is lightened and it is a chatterbox haha

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Fried_Chicken
10-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Is it a lightened flywheel? Or OE flywheel?

My flywheel is lightened and it is a chatterbox haha

It's OEM. I'm not going to worry about it; The noise only manifests itself if RPMs go below Idle or thecar is turned off.

Dr Dynamite
11-09-2015, 04:56 PM
I get clunk in a similar situation, I am actually moving tho and it comes from the bottom drivers side, I know for certain it is the worn out lcab.