PDA

View Full Version : weird call from my local BMW dealer...

slater
10-02-2015, 11:08 AM
i got a call from my local BMW dealer earlier today. they must have made a note about my car from when it was in recently for the recalls (tail light grounding issue and passenger airbag), because they are interested in buying it from me!

they want me to bring the car in for 30mins for a bit of an examination, and discussion with me. i explained that i am 2hrs away, and not exactly interested in selling the car - but, really, everything is for sale for the right price. :) they are getting back to me with a preliminary offer. LOL.

has anyone experienced this before? i really have no intention of selling.

peter

az3579
10-02-2015, 11:15 AM
You'd be the first I've ever heard of...

NoVAphotog
10-02-2015, 11:33 AM
i got a call from my local BMW dealer earlier today. they must have made a note about my car from when it was in recently for the recalls (tail light grounding issue and passenger airbag), because they are interested in buying it from me!

they want me to bring the car in for 30mins for a bit of an examination, and discussion with me. i explained that i am 2hrs away, and not exactly interested in selling the car - but, really, everything is for sale for the right price. :) they are getting back to me with a preliminary offer. LOL.

has anyone experienced this before? i really have no intention of selling.

peter

They just want to buy your car? There was nothing about wanting to "set you up with a fancy new 328i Automatic?"

fredo
10-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Some years ago, I received a card in the mail from the Chevrolet dealer asking to buy my 1999 e46. They said it was on high demand. That's the place where I bought that car.

johnrando
10-02-2015, 12:53 PM
They always ask me if I want to sell my car. Good later model used cars are hard to find (although this seems a little out of the std model years a dealer wld carry). Smells like an up sell discussion, but no reason not to listen I guess.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ELCID86
10-02-2015, 02:11 PM
I get emails from the Acura dealer saying how in demand my wife's TSX is ...and how low my monthly payment would be on a new one...

I do think the Honda dealer wanted to buy our Civic too. Hang on to your wallet Peter (and keep us posted).

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

slater
10-02-2015, 02:29 PM
They just want to buy your car? There was nothing about wanting to "set you up with a fancy new 328i Automatic?"

nope, not at all... weird.

I get emails from the Acura dealer saying how in demand my wife's TSX is ...and how low my monthly payment would be on a new one...

I do think the Honda dealer wanted to buy our Civic too. Hang on to your wallet Peter (and keep us posted).

haha... yep! no intention of shelling out for a new car, BMW or not... i like my ZHP too much. :)

although a P-car might grace the driveway soon... and maybe another older BMW product... ;)

peter

BADCLOWN
10-02-2015, 03:06 PM
the back end profits on used cars are a lot higher than new cars typically for salespersons.

KevinC
10-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Sure, they want to "buy" it from you. In reality, they want to "STEAL" it from you, at some incredibly lowball trade-in value towards some inflated BMW lease on a brand new, small-displacement, boosted, numb electric power steering-equipped, automatic transmission car with a beer tap handle for a gear shifter, that requires training to operate.

PASS!

BMWCurves
10-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Sure, they want to "buy" it from you. In reality, they want to "STEAL" it from you, at some incredibly lowball trade-in value towards some inflated BMW lease on a brand new, small-displacement, boosted, numb electric power steering-equipped, automatic transmission car with a beer tap handle for a gear shifter, that requires training to operate.

PASS!

Hey now...that's offensive to beer taps everywhere.

cakM3
10-03-2015, 04:33 AM
You'd be the first I've ever heard of...

+1

Hermes
10-03-2015, 05:23 AM

PASS!

This. They try to buy my cars every (rare) time I take them in. I should take the E21 in one day and see if they try to buy that from me [emoji6]