PDA

View Full Version : What spacer sizes should I get?

L0veZHP
08-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Just bought some 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 VMR CSL reps and 225/40 front tires, 255/35 rear tires..
I also bought a KW V1 suspension and and some rear Camber Arms! now I just need to decide on spacers. I will be getting my fenders rolled for the drop so no need to worry about that. I just want a flush look! where the wheels match up with the fender. What size spacers do you guys think I'll need for this set up? for front and back?

just for reminders its a Sedan

18x8.5 on 225/40
and
18x9.5 on 255/35

I've heard that 12mm in the front and 15mm in the back is avg but I've also heard that sedans have less clearance in the back than coupes, and the people who have told me that all have coupes.

I'll probably drop the car 1.25in in the front and 2.0 in the back just in case you want to know ;D

or because of the .5 more on the front wheel compared to the stock ZHP wheel I should use 10mm in the front. and because of the 1.0 more in the back I should use 12mm. ?_?

rkneeshaw
08-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Depends on the offset of those wheels.

Stock wheels, you might be able to do 15mm rear on a coupe, but on a sedan with stock wheels, everyone has rub issues with anything more than 10mm without fender roll.

And you've got a lot of changes there. I suggest you install the suspension, wheels, camber arms, roll fenders, etc, then take a measurement to see how wide of a spacer you might need, if any.

Some of those CSL reps have a more aggressive offset already.

Vas
08-24-2015, 05:43 PM
Install the coilovers and wheels first and then go from there imo

L0veZHP
08-25-2015, 07:32 PM
I installed everything today! I think I'll need to run 5mm in the back and 10mm in the front.. I'll post pictures after the drop settles in guys

BMWCurves
08-25-2015, 08:38 PM
I installed everything today! I think I'll need to run 5mm in the back and 10mm in the front.. I'll post pictures after the drop settles in guys

Nice! I'm not sure, but you might also want to get an alignment done as well before considering. Someone else who knows more about suspension can chime in with their wisdom.

L0veZHP
08-25-2015, 10:02 PM

the car right before it was dropped and rolled the fender! i'll post the drop after i get everything done. Going to order some black stickers for the roundels

the drop doesnt look like anything though.. the guy said it'll drop a little more after 3 days. If I don't like it. im going to drop it more. because the back is what looks the same to me... blowing mine! -_- I told him it was adjustable to but He seemed like he didnt know about adjusting it... Can anyone give me light on this adjusting thing? He has a beautiful M3 Evo white bagged with crazy rims and its just a showroom car so i trust what he's saying. Its just the whole adjustment part. I want a 2in or 50mm drop in the back and a 1.25in drop in the front..

danewilson77
08-26-2015, 05:54 AM
You have to jack the car up, remove the rears, and manually adjust the threaded perches to the desired height after removing the rear springs. Very easy.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk