PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING TO BUY ZHP WITH 100k , NEED HELP ASAP what should have been done maintenance wise?

Campster23
07-21-2015, 08:37 AM
In contact with a dealer who doesn't have any records on ZHP with 100k, told him I'm not paying over a certain amount without records and he said to ask his service manager to look at anything I want and he will tell me what has been done and what hasn't . What should be done at 100k??

danewilson77
07-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Good luck bud. You'll find one.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

fredo
07-21-2015, 03:15 PM
There's good info here:
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5828-What-to-look-out-for-when-buying-a-BMW

A good PPI will uncover problematic areas.

san
07-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Assuming nothing has been done preventive maintenance wise, probably need to change
Cooling system (don't have to replace radiator, but everything else has to be)
CCV
VANOS
Shocks
VCG
OFHG
probably needs a bushings refresh (CAB, diff bushings, sway bar end links, RTAB's)
Diff and tranny fluid change
Except for the cooling system and shocks everything else is "mostly likely have to replace"... I'm sure I am missing something, hopefully others can chime in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinC
07-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Create a free account at mycarfax.com, plug in the VIN, and it will show you whatever service records have been reported to Carfax. This isn't a full report of the car's history, such as accidents, liens, etc, but will show any reported service records. Good luck!