PDA

View Full Version : Orange DSC and BRAKE!

mLuMaN83
07-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Ive been MIA for while... just busy with other things. Hope all is well 'round here.

So those two lights came on today. They are on most of the time but can stay off for while during a drive. At first there was no drivability issues at all. Then on a drive home, the lights were off and the DSC began to come on and off then all the sudden it felt like something in the front driver side portion of the car grabbed hard, pulled a little to the left, and made a vibration+noise like something grabbing. Like ABS engaging. This only happened for a split second but was very unsettling. The car is dangerous right now.

What in the hell could be going on here?

Update... finally found some info.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=868610&page=2

Vas
07-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Could be dirty sensors

BCS_ZHP
07-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Vas,
Was yours dirty sensors or the sensors on the master cylinder?
Bruce

mLuMaN83
07-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Ive read that it can be battery related to god knows what. I think this one requires a code read.

Vas
07-11-2015, 06:33 AM
Vas,
Was yours dirty sensors or the sensors on the master cylinder?
Bruce
Mine were the sensors on the master cylinder. However I have not replaced them because the lights went away.

Will do them when I flush the brakes.

johnrando
07-11-2015, 06:57 AM
Welcome back. Hope you fix it.

sent from mobile device

spatchel
07-12-2015, 06:20 AM
My lights (traction and brake) would come while I was driving for no reason. When I would restart the car the system would be fine. It happened about once a week. Of course it happened at the worst times like in a driving rain storm on NY thruway. When I changed my front brakes and cleaned everything the problem went away. I really wish I hadn't said that because I have probably jinxed myself. I was going to wait until the lights stayed on and take it in to have it diagnosed but then it stopped. Good Luck!

mLuMaN83
07-14-2015, 09:49 PM
Car is parked right now and using the 135 for the time being. :wub As fast and agile that car is, still miss the E46. School, work, and fun time has had me tied up. I'll let you all know what the verdict is soon. May possibly help another member in the future.

Fried_Chicken
07-15-2015, 09:48 PM
For whatever reason your ESP is failing.
When this happened to me it was because the alignment was badly off, although more commonly it's one of the ESP sensors on one of the wheels.

Just pull the wheel off, take off the sensor and use some fluid to clean them.