PDA

View Full Version : 2004 BMW 330i ZHP Sedan 6MT w/ 117k miles (Pflugerville, TX) - $6,900

BMWCurves
06-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Found on Craigslist. Mystic Blue on Alcantara interior. Has Cold Weather Package. Does not have Premium Package.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5071524257.html

prowlerflyer
06-13-2015, 07:06 AM
Wow, little info but barring any major mechanical flaws a good deal.

fredo
06-13-2015, 08:27 AM
Local to me, please PM if interested.

jvinecombe
06-14-2015, 08:10 AM
Just spotted this on Craigslist last night and emailed him this morning to go look at it. From the VIN it looks like it has leather and cold weather packages, clearly updated the turn signals and rear lights as well; if this thing is anything other than an insurance or mechanical nightmare it looks like a steal.

Considering grabbing it and unloading the 04 jet black on alcantara I picked up last year. Frustrating as I basically just finished cleaning up and updating everything on the car. We'll see what happens, but I really like the hectic blue on black way better.

jvinecombe
06-14-2015, 08:28 AM
Looks like it's 2 owner with no accidents. Current owner has had it since 2013 with 70k on the odometer. Report I ran was an off-brand site, not Carfax or Autocheck, so I can't tell if it has always been a Texas vehicle. Hopefully the guy gets back to me and I can check it out today or tomorrow. If it looks good when I check it out I'll end up running a better history report. Really looks like this one might be a bit of a hidden gem, hopefully it holds up in person.

BMWCurves
06-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Just spotted this on Craigslist last night and emailed him this morning to go look at it. From the VIN it looks like it has leather and cold weather packages, clearly updated the turn signals and rear lights as well; if this thing is anything other than an insurance or mechanical nightmare it looks like a steal.

Considering grabbing it and unloading the 04 jet black on alcantara I picked up last year. Frustrating as I basically just finished cleaning up and updating everything on the car. We'll see what happens, but I really like the hectic blue on black way better.

Now that the owner has posted the VIN (wasn't there originally) I see that the exterior color is listed as Mystic Blue and the interior is Alcantara. You are correct that it looks to have the Cold Weather Package. My original post is now updated.

fredo
06-14-2015, 09:18 AM
Subscribed. In for more details.

ELCID86
06-14-2015, 12:45 PM
I hope he'll send you more pics (of more than just the right side).

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

jvinecombe
06-14-2015, 09:09 PM
He reached back out shortly before updating the post, seems like a nice and honest guy. I was clearly wrong on a few items, notably the leather interior and steering wheel, which severely limits my interest.

He did not provide maintenance records yet, but referenced some of the issues. Mentioned some wear and a tear on the driver's seat, some minor sounding dings on the passenger side, and said the passenger door doesn't open from the exterior. If anybody can shed some light on the last issue please let me know, I'd have to assume back door lock actuator, door handle cable, or possibly a weird issue with the GM5.

Going to request full maintenance records and, depending on response, will check it out tomorrow. Lack of leather is a huge turnoff (have alcantara now and have been looking for clean sedan leather with heated sport seats to replace it all with), but I really love the mystic blue. If the car is clean I'm pretty inclined to pick it up and swap the best parts of my current DD onto it then unload that. At the same time I'm hesitant as it would be a general pain between the labor involved, selling my car, and being out an extra $7k temporarily.

Currently in an 04 jet black on alcantara manual sedan that I've gone through pretty meticulously over the past 6 months (over $5k into parts during that time). Mine is really a very solid example at this point, but there are a few dents and dings that I'll never get right, and I really don't love the jet black. Really tempting to take the small financial and large frustration hit for a few months in order to grab something I might like more in the long run. If I do make the swap a good car will enter the market and another will be brought back to great shape, as I tend to be a bit too meticulous about things.

Not really sure what I want to do, so any feedback/input is definitely appreciated.

fredo
06-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Can you consider a car wrap for your DD ? Less money than buying a 2nd ZHP.

Vas
06-15-2015, 09:25 AM
Added vin number to zhp registry

ELCID86
06-15-2015, 09:27 AM
He reached back out shortly before updating the post, seems like a nice and honest guy. I was clearly wrong on a few items, notably the leather interior and steering wheel, which severely limits my interest.

He did not provide maintenance records yet, but referenced some of the issues. Mentioned some wear and a tear on the driver's seat, some minor sounding dings on the passenger side, and said the passenger door doesn't open from the exterior. If anybody can shed some light on the last issue please let me know, I'd have to assume back door lock actuator, door handle cable, or possibly a weird issue with the GM5.

Going to request full maintenance records and, depending on response, will check it out tomorrow. Lack of leather is a huge turnoff (have alcantara now and have been looking for clean sedan leather with heated sport seats to replace it all with), but I really love the mystic blue. If the car is clean I'm pretty inclined to pick it up and swap the best parts of my current DD onto it then unload that. At the same time I'm hesitant as it would be a general pain between the labor involved, selling my car, and being out an extra $7k temporarily.

Currently in an 04 jet black on alcantara manual sedan that I've gone through pretty meticulously over the past 6 months (over $5k into parts during that time). Mine is really a very solid example at this point, but there are a few dents and dings that I'll never get right, and I really don't love the jet black. Really tempting to take the small financial and large frustration hit for a few months in order to grab something I might like more in the long run. If I do make the swap a good car will enter the market and another will be brought back to great shape, as I tend to be a bit too meticulous about things.

Not really sure what I want to do, so any feedback/input is definitely appreciated.

Nothing wrong with having two of them... right Vas and Dave?!

fredo
06-15-2015, 12:48 PM
The CL ad now has a good description plus more pics.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5071524257.html

BMWCurves
06-15-2015, 01:38 PM
I love Mystic Blue. Easily my favorite color for our cars. Seems like a good pick up for the price!

jvinecombe
06-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Can you consider a car wrap for your DD ? Less money than buying a 2nd ZHP.

Truthfully hadn't considered it for my car, although I'm not sure if I would end up going through the hassle. I know the guy who owns Wrap Dynamics so I might shoot him a message to see what it would run me for the car, he's provided quotes for SUVs for my girlfriend and treated us well, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Unfortunately I don't have time to check out the car tonight or tomorrow, then it's off to the bay area for a few days. If the car is still around next weekend I'll end up taking a look at it, if not then it wasn't meant to be.

fredo
06-21-2015, 06:28 PM
The CL ad is gone. Jvinecombe, did you grab this one ?