PDA

View Full Version : 2006 330Ci, Imolola, MT 144,000 mi $11,800 Warrenville, Il

Edo
06-09-2015, 03:07 AM
Guys, I spotted this on Cars.com, right in my area. Car appears clean, but based on miles, would have been driven year round in Chicago. Seems to have all the desired options. I plan to look at it, as I have not seen a ZHP close up in quite some time. Dealer is Ultimo Motors. Price seems a touch high for the miles. I would assume it went to auction, then here. So, we know a mark up got applied. Any thoughts.

Ed

yura
06-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Regardless of the car's condition, way too much $$ for the mileage IMO. Especially if the car has gone through auctions and you can't speak to the previous owner or get any service documentation. I wouldn't pay more than $5-6k (at least based on the market here).

fredo
06-09-2015, 11:18 AM
+1. I would still go for a test drive.

yura
06-09-2015, 01:22 PM
This looks like the one: http://www.ultimomotors.com/inventory/2006-bmw-3-series-330ci-rwd-coupe-wbabd53466pd99909 . Almost identical to the one I had.

Dealer knows how to detail & present a car, I'll give them that.

I spot minor scuffing on the splitters, some rock chips on the hood, and I think the front bumper has been repainted.

Interior looks to be in very good shape.

BMWCurves
06-09-2015, 03:16 PM
This looks like the one: http://www.ultimomotors.com/inventory/2006-bmw-3-series-330ci-rwd-coupe-wbabd53466pd99909 . Almost identical to the one I had.

Dealer knows how to detail & present a car, I'll give them that.

I spot minor scuffing on the splitters, some rock chips on the hood, and I think the front bumper has been repainted.

Interior looks to be in very good shape.

Agreed. I wish more dealers/private sellers would take this high of quality photos. I can really tell that the car is in decent shape from the photos. Too many companies/sellers take crap photos that give me no idea what I'm looking at beyond that it has all the doors and wheels.

That said, looks clean to me. Armrest is cracking. Definitely too high of a price considering the mileage, IMO, but that's me. I would put this closer to $8-9k from a dealer.

Edo
06-09-2015, 04:25 PM
Thanks guys I went and took a look today, albeit short. Not sure how the dealer has this unless it was a trade. A quick look around, there had to be 50-75 cars. all in the $50 k range. Chips on the front hood, paint seemed faded. What turned me off is the really rusty brakes, from rotors, to retaining hardware and calipers. In other words, a common Chicago area car that sees winter use. My 02 Audi with 163,000 and is also winter driven looked cleaner. Could be from sitting out year round. I was also thinking in the $8,000 range, if I wanted it. Now, as the car is inside, is it rude to ask for a test drive, knowing I dont want it? I also learned it is hard to judge a car from photos. That alone was worth the trip.