PDA

View Full Version : Found what looks to be a good deal, should i hold out for a ZHP? (advice needed)

CobyR
04-21-2015, 12:23 PM
Hello, im going to give a bit of back story here. I owned a 05 G35 Coupe a month and a half ago and loved it. It was parked all nice and dandy one Sunday morning until suddenly a crazy lady on heroin came and totaled it. So i started looking for its replacement, i was told by a friend to check out the ZHP's so i drove one. I loved it instantly and i began my search and have yet to find just the right one yet. Then i stumbled upon a non ZHP 2004 330i automatic with 51k miles and never wrecked or anything, clean title about 2 hours from me, it was old lady driven and it's in great condition. Her and her husband are only asking $8,500 for it. So im at a crossroads here.Either go for this 330i or wait and find one with the ZHP package. I also have a few questions for you fine folks. They owned it for 5 years and put 6k miles on it (it was previously corporately owned). The man says he changed the oil in it 3 times and used the oil recommended in the owners manual, that wouldn't be to bad for the engine would it?. I also cant find the maintenance records for about 35k of the miles. This will be my second car purchase and i need some advice from the more experienced enthusiasts here.

A few things to note: I am without a DD but i work from home, If i decide to go for it i have a guy who was a bmw tech for 6 years who is willing to drive to take a look at it for $150, and i would prefer a manual coupe.
I also have a few thousand extra i could put into the 330i to make it better.
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

Also sorry if i posted this in the wrong section im new here.

NYRhockey
04-21-2015, 12:36 PM
tough call, reason being a stick shift is a deal breaker for me, but the mileage and price are basically unbeatable.

CobyR
04-21-2015, 12:38 PM
tough call, reason being a stick shift is a deal breaker for me, but the mileage and price are basically unbeatable.

My g35 was a automatic so im used to it by this point, however i recently learned to drive manual and like it much better for a car like this. Tough call indeed.

UdubBadger
04-21-2015, 12:43 PM
ZHP is worth a little wait without really putting yourself out. If you think you can find one in the amount of time you'll need it by, I say hold out.

Vas
04-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Don't settle and hold out is my opinion.

BADCLOWN
04-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Sounds like a smokin deal but I usually try to stick to getting what I want, whatever that may be. If a ZHP is what you want, hold out for the right car. That 3 series does sound nice though.

FL116
04-21-2015, 12:55 PM
I would wait for the right ZHP to come. I was searching for about 6 months and eventually gave up because I could not find a good deal. Then one day when I randomly came on tgis forum again, I saw an Imola Red ZHP for sale. Went to check it out that week and bought it. It is exactly what I wanted and I am so happy I waited. I got a 2004 ZHP 6MT with 84k miles for $8,900, which is a really great deal. So I would hold out on the right car to come along. And I agree with Hockey, manual is so much more fun in these cars and that was also a deal breaker for me.

ZHP Dave
04-21-2015, 07:57 PM
I picked up my 04 ZHP 6MT sedan with 82k on the clock for $8,500 OTD. If you really want a ZHP, I'd hold out.

NYRhockey
04-22-2015, 05:01 AM
If you're flexible on color/options, i agree with holding out for the zhp.

I had specific wants/musts that i was not going to compromise on (red, 6mt) so it took me a couple of months to find it, but eventually i did and at a reasonable price (73K, clean PPI, $10K).

3ZHP
04-22-2015, 06:17 AM
I've had my ZHP for a long time and had a 06 330 Vert with sport and premium package with an auto at the same time. It was a great car but, not a ZHP. The cars are completely different animals.

Nuff said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnrando
04-22-2015, 07:17 AM
Great find but you might as well hold out for what you want if you are able IMHO. GL!

TigerTater
04-22-2015, 07:54 AM
My wife has a g35 auto. My zhp auto is superior in my mind. The transmission is much better in the zhp. I would hold out for a zhp, the autos are easy to find

CobyR
04-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Well after all your encouraging words ive decided to hold out for a ZHP however long that may take. Thanks so much for all the advice.

TheFinanceGuy
04-23-2015, 10:33 AM
I held out for my ZHP. Only thing mine is missing is heated seats. I was willing to overlook that.

Try making a MUST have list, and a NICE TO HAVE list.

cakM3
05-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Well after all your encouraging words ive decided to hold out for a ZHP however long that may take. Thanks so much for all the advice.

In the end you'll be happy you did!! :thumbsup

Sent from my iPhone5S using Tapatalk

Simmsled
05-06-2015, 07:46 AM
If it were a ZHP auto, wouldn't hesitate.
BMW went to great lengths to make sure that the ZHP with auto was not a lesser machine, only a different one.

TigerTater
05-06-2015, 07:48 AM
If it were a ZHP auto, wouldn't hesitate.
BMW went to great lengths to make sure that the ZHP with auto was not a lesser machine, only a different one.

[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻