PDA

View Full Version : FS (not mine): 2004 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Imola/Tan - Reston, VA - 139k - $7900

NoVAphotog
04-16-2015, 05:55 AM
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/4981330456.html

"This 2004 E46 330i ZHP is a fantastic BMW. It has the Performance Package, which includes 18-inch double spoke cast alloy wheels (with the M symbol) and a modified "sport suspension" with firmer springs and special control arms. This car also sports the M package, which includes 6-speed manual transmission, short weighted shift knob, carbon fiber trim, and an M 3-spoke Alcantara-wrapped multi-function sport steering wheel with fingertip cruise and audio controls. Other features include genuine leather seats, anthracite interior headliner, power sunroof, premium Harmon Kardon sound system with CD player, heated seats, 8-way power front sport seats with 2-way manual headrests and thigh support, automatic tilt-down of passenger's side-view mirror when the vehicle is shifted into reverse gear, automatic lights, power windows, rain-sensing wipers, and orange gauge needles.

This car has 139K miles and has never been in an accident. However, the front bumper has some scrapes from the parking lot, and needs to be repainted. This is a GREAT vehicle and very fun to drive! I'm only selling it because I have to relocate to across the country."

This is literally RIGHT around the corner from me...might try and meetup with the seller and tell them about the forum!

NYRhockey
04-17-2015, 12:45 PM
"automatic tilt-down of passenger's side-view mirror when the vehicle is shifted into reverse gear"

is this true? and if you gotta move, why not ship it or drive it? you have to ship everything else. just seems like a lame excuse to use as reason for sale.

zhp05jb
04-17-2015, 01:09 PM
"automatic tilt-down of passenger's side-view mirror when the vehicle is shifted into reverse gear"

Yeah, My 05 does the same.

fredo
04-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Car is very nice. I wonder how the headlamp lenses look.

Edit: lenses look decent. That's a good deal waiting for someone.

Edit 2: just noticed the miles are a match to my 2005 ZHP.

ELCID86
04-17-2015, 02:06 PM
Wow. Nice price

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

brettbimmer
04-17-2015, 04:16 PM

is this true? and if you gotta move, why not ship it or drive it? you have to ship everything else. just seems like a lame excuse to use as reason for sale.

Yeah, My 05 does the same.
Gents, this depends on the position of the mirror adjustment switch on the driver's side door. I forget which is which ATM, but when switched one direction it does nothing, and when switched to the other side the passenger mirror will tilt down in reverse.

BMWCurves
04-18-2015, 12:28 AM
Gents, this depends on the position of the mirror adjustment switch on the driver's side door. I forget which is which ATM, but when switched one direction it does nothing, and when switched to the other side the passenger mirror will tilt down in reverse.

To have the passenger window tilt down automatically in reverse, the mirror switch has to be swiped to the left i.e. manually control the driver side mirror.

Edo
04-18-2015, 07:10 AM
Is mileage in this range something to be concerned about? (newby of sorts). I would assume the $2,000 to $2500 rule will apply as far as what might be spent right away. Only recent experience is with my Audi with 161,000. Odd stuff starts to show its age, like sagging seat cushions, hinges and odd stuff one normally doesn't think of.

fredo
04-18-2015, 11:42 AM
To have the passenger window tilt down automatically in reverse, the mirror switch has to be swiped to the left i.e. manually control the driver side mirror.

Mmhh ... I will check and report back.

fredo
04-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Is mileage in this range something to be concerned about? (newby of sorts). I would assume the $2,000 to $2500 rule will apply as far as what might be spent right away. Only recent experience is with my Audi with 161,000. Odd stuff starts to show its age, like sagging seat cushions, hinges and odd stuff one normally doesn't think of.

With the proper maintenance, 139k miles is no biggie. Some guys here are at 200k miles or more. As mentioned, my 2005 ZHP has the same miles (139k). Other than a couple of tires needed and brakes due some time soon, she runs great.

ELCID86
04-18-2015, 06:36 PM
^ +1

fredo
04-18-2015, 07:34 PM

It works ! Thanks for info. And I was thinking my car didn't have this feature.

BMWCurves
04-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Yup! When I was younger I had an old Audi and although it was a great car, at the time I thought the electricals were junk because the passenger mirror would auto tilt down only half the time in reverse. I eventually figured out that the window adjuster always had to be selected for the driver's side for it to work, and realized it was the same for BMWs.

Edo
04-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Thanks guys, this helps on two fronts. The ZHP search and that around 80,00 I should not be afraid. Second, I discovered after 10 years, my Audi mirrors have a feature that folds them in from the selector switch. Guess I may need to read the book again. Current search is for an Imola Coupe prefer 6MT, but would settle for auto.

Vas
04-19-2015, 04:50 PM
Don't settle

ELCID86
04-19-2015, 05:23 PM
+1 unless your really don't care.