PDA

View Full Version : Stett Performance intake boot set

Just_George
03-27-2015, 11:02 AM
So, I bought a set of these (black) as part of the group buy and I'm not happy with the fit, and unwilling to spend the time cutting/modifying them to make them fit. I've got maybe 20 miles on my car with the boots installed, will be removing them this weekend. They have not been cut, altered, or modified in any way. If anybody out there is wishing they'd been in on the original group buy, I'll sell mine for $125 shipped, exactly what we paid for them.

Note to Charlie, or anybody else who cares - no hard feelings at all on this, I'm just not willing to do the work needed to make them fit in a way that satisfies me.

ELCID86
03-27-2015, 11:14 AM
I am just about in your shoes with my second set, but I think I will try to trim/install them in the near future. GLWS.

cakM3
03-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Note to Charlie, or anybody else who cares - no hard feelings at all on this, I'm just not willing to do the work needed to make them fit in a way that satisfies me.

I just feel bad setting up this group buy only to see problems like this affect so many who participated...

Sent from my iPhone5S using Tapatalk

Just_George
03-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Charlie, as I mentioned, I have no hard feelings at all about this. What you did was great, and I (and I'm sure everybody else) appreciates all the work that went into it. The end result simply doesn't work for me and my particular expectations and comfort levels - that's on the manufacturer, not you. I'm hoping someone else here is willing to do more than I to make them work....worse case, I keep them and chalk it up to a learning experience! No worries either way...

johnrando
03-27-2015, 01:55 PM
If it's any comfort after about a year of heat cycle William's finally fits much better, as it's more pliable. William mentioned to me he wouldn't mind a blue one. Anyone have a blue one FS, if you swap, then maybe William takes that one, I take his. A long shot, but thought I'd put it out there. Of course that would depend if he was still interested in the blue one.

wsmeyer
03-27-2015, 02:40 PM
I'd buy someones blue set. Sell my black set to Rando. They are broken in so obviously worth more.

danewilson77
03-27-2015, 02:55 PM
:rofl

"No flamesuit required"