PDA

View Full Version : DME flash fixed my 2.5-3k RPM pulsation and idling RPM isse

melonz
03-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Today I met up with a member on E46Fanatics, cyberkaa, to flash my DME and we were joined by another E46Fanatics member, mkodama. The main purpose was to fix the pulsating acceleration that I experienced from 2,500 RPM to 3,000 RPM. When under heavy load the acceleration of the car would start to lurch. The best way to describe this would be someone stomping on and off the gas pedal, except less intense.

When Kalim hooked up his laptop to my ZHP he found out that my DME has never been updated. LOL! Surprisingly the date when the DME was first programmed was 2/20 which is also the same day as my birthday.

So we hooked the ZHP's battery to his M3 as a charger and let the update run for ~50 minutes. In the meanwhile we discussed his cars and projects he's done such as his popular S54 sedan(s)! Once that finished all the adaptations were cleared and I was good to go. I took it around the block and the 2,500 to 3,000 stuttering was gone but another positive outcome came from this.

Previously, while at a stop with the clutch disengaged the car's idle RPM would fall slightly causing the engine to shudder. It never stalled but there were times I felt like it was about to die. This problem has now been eliminated with the DME flash!

During the drive back home I felt like I was in a smoother car and I definitely love it even more!

derbo
03-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Glad to see a local! Be aware the DME update resets adaptations so it might pop up again down the road.

His 2nd S54 sedan needs some repairs after last weeks HPDE.

Vas
03-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Any pics ?

melonz
03-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Glad to see a local! Be aware the DME update resets adaptations so it might pop up again down the road.

His 2nd S54 sedan needs some repairs after last weeks HPDE.

Oh, I hope that's not the case!

Yup, that frame. ouch!

melonz
03-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Any pics ?

Lol, nothing at all. Sorry :p