PDA

View Full Version : Button at the end of accelerator travel

san
02-25-2015, 05:38 PM
So I have noticed a button at the end of the accelerator travel on my ZHP. I did a little googling and found it to be a kick down (downshift) button for automatics... But I have manual... Does this come on a manual as well? and if so what is it for??

If not, was I ripped off by the previous owner?? I checked the VIN decoder and it says my car was ordered manual...

brettbimmer
02-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Interesting, none on my 04 manual ZHP, nor my manual E36, but the kickdown switch takes me back to some of the older automatic Benzes with the really springy seat bases, back to the W116 era and before. Never heard of them in an auto ZHP, but never driven an auto version either.

Simmsled
02-25-2015, 07:35 PM
My auto ZHP has the button.

az3579
02-25-2015, 08:07 PM
Manuals don't have this button... something is weird with your car!

CTYankee
02-26-2015, 02:46 AM
My auto ZHP has the button.

Mine too. And It works...nicely.

GE Geoff
02-26-2015, 02:46 AM
Maybe your accelerator is from a donor auto car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madwolfa
02-26-2015, 09:19 AM
Maybe his car is a manual swap :)

JFern
02-26-2015, 10:31 AM
Maybe your accelerator is from a donor auto car?

This seems most likely, since your build sheet shows that the car was built with a manual trans.

san
02-26-2015, 02:57 PM
:ducking:ducking:ducking:ducking

I checked my car again today and it turn out that I dont have a button under the accelerator... My pedal just feels like it has... i did a visual inspection to verify.... Sorry to waste all of ur time... :ducking

ELCID86
02-26-2015, 04:15 PM
... but the kickdown switch takes me back to some of the older automatic Benzes with the really springy seat bases...

+1. My dad always was and still is a Merc Man.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

TheFinanceGuy
02-26-2015, 06:37 PM

I checked my car again today and it turn out that I dont have a button under the accelerator... My pedal just feels like it has... i did a visual inspection to verify.... Sorry to waste all of ur time... :ducking

LMAO.

CTYankee
02-28-2015, 10:22 PM
Epic.

terraphantm
03-07-2015, 07:05 PM

The button wouldn't be visible; it's internal to the accelerator mechanism. If it feels like it has a button, you most likely have an automatic pedal.

The button isn't really even a button. It's just a clicker with no electrical component. The automatic cars are just programmed to enter "kickdown" mode when the throttle is depressed a certain amount (which happens to correspond with where you feel the clicker)